support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Former Texas TV folks in Los Angeles

When you flip on television news in Los Angeles, you can see some former Texas reporters and anchors on the air.

Megan Henderson of KTLA Channel 5's morning news is a familiar face to North Texans because she just left KDFW Fox 4's Good Day earlier this year. From the reports, it sounds like here old Dallas show hasn't held up since her departure.

 I can totally understand. Megan is very good on the air. If I lived in a city where Megan worked, I'd wake up early to watch the news too! Looks like I will have to tell my wife I am developing a new crush.

 Of course it doesn't hurt that she sits next to Asha Blake who I used to watch on ABC's World News Now.

Ed Laskos used to work at KPRC Channel 2 in Houston. Now he is a reporter at Fox 11 KTTV here in LA. Ed has his own style which I really like.

He was good at KPRC when it was the tabloid News 2 Houston and he is still good on the West Coast.

Of course if you go way back, KPRC consumer reporter Gayle Anderson left Houston for LA to go to KTLA.   Am I missing anyone else?


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here