support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, August 15, 2008

Bob Martin really is "The Accountant to the Stars"

It started off innocently enough this week when I mentioned Bob Martin aka "The Accountant to the Stars" on the mikemcguff.com blog. But how do we really know he is "The Accountant to the Stars?" I did an investigation to find out.

It started with me digging through his trash and conducting surveillance on his River Oaks office. Then I went to Taco Milagro for a while. I marveled at the big construction in the Upper Kirby District, but I digress.

Next I got an email with the evidence I needed. I immediately started trashing the FOI requests I was about to fax to the Star Accounting Office of Texas so they wouldn't fall into a rival's hands and tip them off to my exclusive investigation.

The photos that landed in my inbox from a "tipster" gave me the proof Martin is who he says he is. I can't prove that he is an accountant to all of these stars - the Star Accounting Office of Texas PIO wouldn't return my calls by press time - but the pictures don't lie, Martin sure hangs out with them. And Bob has the Houston and Harris County celebs covered from TV, politics, legal and even religious!

Pictures aside, Martin is always on TV as an expert on all kinds of things whether he hangs with stars or not. Face it, Bob is a star.

{Turn on scary TV voice}In my in depth investigation, I "uncovered" the following evidence and wouldn't take no for an answer when someone tried to get in my way:

In my best Perez Hilton drawing, I circled Bob behind home plate at a Houston Astros game. Where's Tillman?
Mega defense attorney Rusty Hardin just helped Victoria Osteen in a legal case but before that he was hanging with Bob Martin!

 
Bob with TV reporters Miya Shay and Mary Benton.

  
Former Harris County Judge and current Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. partner Robert Eckels with Mr. Martin.
Bob with Second Baptist pastor Ed Young and his wife JoBeth.

Who knows where Bob Martin will appear next, but the one thing we do know is wherever it is, he'll be hanging with the stars!  And from the looks of it having access to really nice Astros season tickets too.

Stay tuned because next time I will ambush Terry Abbott for lunch at an area HISD school cafeteria. I'll be the one eating the nachos. I smell another Emmy...oh wait that is the nacho cheese. Never mind. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here