support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Karla Barguiarena of KHOU Channel 11 found!

Ask and you shall receive on the mikemcguff.com blog.

Anonymous wrote in asking where former Channel 11 KHOU reporter, Karla Barguiarena went. And now we hear from Ms. Barguiarena herself:

Mike! Como estas?

Saw the post on your blog (love it! btw) and felt compelled to write. You are correct, sir! As of January, I am no longer at KHOU. I am however, still in Houston. Wish I could tell you I left for a more glamorous, rewarding job but the truth is I left to stay at home. Yup, no longer holding the mic but holding down the reigns at home.

My family is going through some tough health issues. I figured the job would always be there...the family won't. So, I made the very difficult decision to resign from KHOU and leave the only job I ever loved. Station management was great. Extremely understanding and kind enough to leave the door open for when things at home settle down. I hope to one day return to cover Houston news and "make sense of your world". Ha! Ha! Had to throw that in there.

In the meantime, I am still involved with charities. In fact I was asked to return and MC the "Go Tejano" events for the Houston rodeo the weekend of March 15-16.

Thanks for thinking of me...it's nice to know my work was noticed.

Buena suerte,
Karla


Karla, we'll all miss you and good luck!

(Image courtesy of KHOU.com) CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here