support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Talk Radio 950: What I want

Lots of folks stopped by this humble blog the other day for the Pat Gray news, so I thought I would put my two cents in on the new Michael Garfield show on Talk Radio 950 KPRC. Here is my suggestion in crude graphic form (hey, I made it in 5 minutes):

I want the most Googled Laurence in all of the land with Michael Garfield. What a combination! He would just be known as Laurence because Clear Channel wouldn't go for Dwight's Mr. Crap epithet.

Here's the deal, Laurence is brilliant. Look at how much content the guy comes up with on a daily basis for his blog - Garfield's show REALLY needs all of that. Plus, isfullofcrap blows away the current Clear Channel blogs. No doubt, the company needs Laurence's help in the blog department.

And no, Laurence didn't have a clue I was doing this, didn't ask me to do this, pay me with bread, or cats...etc. In fact, this post might actually make him mad.

One more note on KPRC, I assume that Garf will be leaving his Saturday slot eventually. If Ken Charles doesn't already have Kim Kommando lined up or some other tech show, why not go local with Technology Bytes?

Jay Lee and the guys have been helping Houston with computer problems for more than 10 years now. That's a very good track record. Stick them with a Clear Channel producer to help them out and I'm sure you can have a good show.

And no, I'm not saying this because I sometimes show up on their show either.

Please let me know what you all think of these ideas. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here