support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

mikemcguff has a new job!

OK, I'm ready for the big reveal even though it's been the worst kept secret...I'm changing jobs. Don't worry though, I will still remain at the KTRK 13 studios.

It's been a fun ride with the Special Projects Department and in the last two years working with Jeff Ehling, but starting Monday I will begin a new phase of my career at abc13.com. It's a homecoming of sorts, I temporarily worked there in 2001 before moving to the News Department.

Working with Jeff Ehling has been a blast. He is as much fun in real life as he is on TV. We have become good friends, but I feel the web is the place for me now. That's probably no surprise to those who read this blog. Anyone who posts here as much as I do and produces podcasts must love the web!

It's true that I have been involved with abc13.com over the last few years. At one point I was writing articles for the Technology section, designing Texans sections, blogging...etc, but that was just using 10% of my time on the side...a bizarre hobby if you will on top of my regular TV duties. Now I can devote 100% of my attention.

My new boss is Randy Klein who manages the web site. We are excited about the possibilities of a new web producer position. My first assignment before officially moving into the web world was launching the KTRK Political Blog. It looks like I will continue writing for the KTRK Consumer Blog too. Jeff won't totally be rid of me.

So if you don't always make abc13.com a part of your day, I highly encourage it. Lots of others sure stop by! CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here