support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

How did you break into TV?

Lisa wrote into the old mikemcguff blog yesterday with some good questions:
How did you make it to TV? I believe in straight-forward questions as well as straight-forward answers. :)

Funny thing how I came across your blogger, just by searching under Google for A38 and arrived at one of your posts.

I am a loyal fan of you work and enjoy reading your blogs. As a recent broadcast journalism grad, what advice could you give me on breaking into the TV market?

I have no tape resume, but only one story I did in college. I'm considering taking one of those Tape Resume classes that charge over $1,000 to professionally create a resume tape for you. I have no internship experience.
Good questions Lisa. I know there are other budding journalists that look at this blog, so here is a chance to get some answers on things. In the meantime, if you're in the biz and want to share your experience, go ahead.

Check back for more... CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here