support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Monday, January 16, 2006

"The Theology of the iPod" update...the AP/Apple are interested now?

Earlier this month, I blogged about the sermon "The Theology of the iPod" put on by pastor Sal Sberna The Metropolitan Baptist Church of Houston. The church is located up 249 past 1960 I found out.

Recently I came across info about it. The loudestnoise blog gives us an update. More appropriately, the comments section of that blog gives us the real updates. 'Victor' writes:
I was at The Met Baptist also. It'’s my home church, and I'’m a part of the worship ministry. The IPod Sermon series is pretty neat. I heard from the Worship pastor (Kent) that the Associated Press is interested in doing a story about it. Also, Apple Computer has contacted our church curious as to how we're using their product in a sermon series.
If this is all really true, this tie-in to current trends is paying off for the church in the amount of attention it will get. Guess that's why The Met pays to advertise the sermon on TV.

The Godfather of Houston Podcasting (I think that should be copyrighted soon), Russell Holliman, posted in my comments last time that the church should be podcasting the sermons. I checked, they aren't doing it.

The mikemcguff blog logs note the church has been checking my first post out. So come on guys, record the sermons and podcast 'em. Just think who you could reach then. If you are going to tie-in to the iPod, you should embrace the new media thought behind it.

UPDATE:
Well, I guess the Associated Press really was interested. I just put the AP story in the tech section. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here