support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, December 16, 2005

I'll take some RSS with that podcast please

This week's post on Houston radio personality Dave E. Crockett's podcast yielded some interesting comments.

Both the Godfather of Houston Podcasting and Laurence from IFOC say without the RSS a good podcast does not make.

I agree.

As a listener, it is cumbersome to have to go to the website each week to see if the cast has been updated. This is also irritating on former MTV funny guy Tom Green's site. He was too busy singing about his bum to remember the RSS.

I wrote an article earlier this year about how RSS can change you life. Almost a year later, I stand by that. It has changed my life.

At first I saved time by letting the content I wanted to read come to me. Now it is actually taking away time. I keep adding more and more feeds. It's gotten so bad that I now have two sets of feeds, one at home and another at work.

So come on Dave, do us a favor and implement RSS. At the least, grab a free Blogger or LJ account and syndicate from there. And it would be nice to have archived episodes too. I'm sure the Greater Houston Podcasting Association can offer more tips. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here