support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

'The Buzz Lady' Roseann Rogers checks in for K9s4COPs

Roseann Rogers aka 'The Buzz Lady' is now executive director of K9s4COPs which grants fully trained K9s to law enforcement agencies in 33 states across the country

 photo roseannrogersk94cops_zps6vfouv7k.jpg

It's been a couple of years since I've featured Roseann Rogers aka "The Buzz Lady" on the pages of this blog. That's all about to change today as she writes in to tell us about her new chapter. Soon we may be calling her "The K9 Lady!"

Mike,

Life is a journey and you just never know what direction it will take.

Since moving here in 1995, I have been truly fortunate to have had a very successful broadcasting career, as The Buzz Lady, covering what’s hot, hip and happening, then later moving on to becoming part of the management teams at KPRC and KTUBE. I have also had appearances on KHOU and KTRK. In fact, I was the first host to launch the informative and entertaining program, “Check this Out!” on Channel 13.

Broadcasting led me to business, where I’ve had the opportunity to work for the Finger Corporation (Finger Furniture), as the director of Marketing and Business Development, as well as the VP of Strategic Marketing and Development at the Houston Chronicle and the Director of PR and Business Development for John Daugherty, Realtors, where I still hold my real estate license.

For years, I have had a passion for philanthropic endeavors. I have co-chaired dozens of events for nonprofits, from luncheons to galas to fashion shows. (American Cancer Society, Nutcracker Market Preview Party, Trees of Hope, AIDS Foundation Houston, American Heart Association, Junior League of Houston) I’m also a founding board member of Dress for Success, Houston and was Co-Vice President for Trees of Hope. Three years ago, I was the auction chair for K9s4COPs’ annual event UNLEASHED.

 photo roseannrogers_al_zpsargy2e4n.jpgFounder and Chairman Kristi Schiller and I have known each other for 20 years. First crossing paths in our broadcasting careers and then later chairing the Nutcracker Market Preview party together, and most recently being a part of the fundraising efforts for K9s4COPs. So when the opportunity presented itself to interview for the Executive Director position, I just simply had to go for it!! And, the rest is history. I started at K9s4COPs the first of the year and it’s been a great move and decision.

I truly believe in what we do everyday! Kristi and I are both moms of only children and we both feel there has ALWAYS been a calling for us to help the community in a big way! K9s4COPs does just that and together, we make one BIG dynamic duo! K9s4COPs grants fully trained K9s to law enforcement agencies in 33 states across the country and internationally in Paris, France. When we heard the Paris National Police lost their K9 Diesel in the line of duty during the Paris terrorist attacks we had to reach out and we did. In March, Kristi, myself and Harris County Sheriff Deputy Ted Dalhin, who our organization is the inspiration for after he lost his K9 in the line of duty, we traveled to NYC to deliver him to the French National Police so they could take him back to Paris. Since its inception, K9s granted by K9s4COPs have taken more than $135,000,000 with of contraband, cash and weapons off the streets. We’ve granted more than 130 K9s to agencies and schools and the numbers continue to increase. 2016 will be a record year for K9s4COPs, granting more K9s then ever before.

Since joining K9s4COPs, I’ve launched and developed new fundraising endeavors including the K$9 Challenge, where we challenge everyone to donate just $9 to help our cause. Using my marketing and business skills, I’ve increased our fundraising event revenue, expanded our reach with social media campaigns and produced two PSA ’s, currently in rotation throughout Texas and several states where we have granted K9s.

So, the next time you see me on TV I won’t be covering the story, rather I’ll be part of the K94COPs story on how we’re helping to keep our communities and schools safer one K9 at time!

Thank you for what you do.

Keep up the good work! I truly appreciate you wanting to know more about what I’m doing now.

I guess you can call me The K9 Lady!!

All the best,

Roseann



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here