Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Irene Sans leaves Telemundo Houston KTMD

KTMD Telemundo Houston meteorologist Irene Sans says goodbye on Facebook

After two years, meteorologist Irene Sans has left KTMD Telemundo Houston according to a note on her Facebook page.

Friends - Thanks for your comments asking where I’ve gone to
I am infinitely thankful for these past two years in Houston. This is a vibrant city, with great people! It has felt like home since the very beginning. Thanks for making me part of your family, for your love and unconditional support. I am in route to a new phase in my career and hopefully soon I will be able to share the good news, and celebrate with all of you! Let’s keep in contact through social media; you can continue to count on my forecasts. See you and see me soon! THANKS HOUSTON!
Much Love,
Irene Sans

"My last day on air was December 30th, as I left for vacation right after that," Sans told mikemcguff.com in an email after this post was originally published. "Contract was up on the 11th and I am looking into some options on the table now."

A KTMD representative confirmed to mikemcguff.com that Sans is no longer with the station but would not elaborate. The station does say a search for her replacement is underway.

Before Houston, Sans worked for Telemundo 51 Miami WSCV. She has also worked for Weather Services International and has been working for StatWeather since 2013.

Sans is a graduate of Florida State University with a degree in meteorology. She interned at Univision 23 WLTV Miami.

*updated with comment from Sans to mikemcguff.com



9 comments:

  1. Big question and where will Irene end up ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She could be Ch 2's Sports Director or any of their Sports Reporters and do a better job than what they currently toss on air.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if she's the one replacing Caitlin Espinosa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ding. Ding. Winner winner, chicken dinner!

      Delete
    2. nope nope nope... She has something bigger lined up!

      Delete
    3. Anon, I guess we'll find out what next gig Irene will have coming up!

      Delete
  3. So officially Telemundo Houston is the only local channel without a meteorologist. Nice move Telemundo! Nice! more like ... Loser loser gooser dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KTMD-TV probably will find out who's going to replace Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow , in the other hand you have Cindy burbano pretending that she works for Telemundo network . She just posted a picture on Facebook with Telemundo logo .... why she would do that ?
    I understand that Telemundo just opened a bureau in Texas not to long ago and Cindy Burbano is not part of it .

    ReplyDelete