- Was a TV Reporter Really Fired for Saying some NSFW things about missing woman?
- WFAA anchor viral clip laughed at by Anchorman 2 stars
- Fox 26 anchor Don Teague performs Tom Petty
- CNN Airs Prerecorded, Mistake-Filled Interview About Air Force One
- ‘Let’s Get the F*ck Outta Here’: NBC Anchor Caught on Hot Mic After Tossing to SNL
- New Year's Eve F-Bomb Blooper
- Conan O’Brien Catches Local Anchors Using Identical Scripts (Again)
- Reporter Faints During Live Shot
- 93.7 The Arrow, Houston - Aircheck (2000)
- KHTV Ch. 39 Houston promo (1977)
- KFMK, Houston-Spring Branch Memorial (1967)
- 104 KRBE Houston - Tom Rivers (1977)
- CBS 11 News AM January 2014
I'm like the guy at the office who forgot to give you a Christmas present a few weeks ago, and then shows up in January with one. My gift to you today...all the stuff that went on while I was on (sorta)hiatus.
First exit of New Year
NBC5 DFW reporter Omar Villafranca leaves for CBS News.
DMN Bids Goodbye to WFAA Because the Partnership Never Really Worked
Jim Moroney — chairman, president, and CEO of A.H. Belo, owner of the Dallas Morning News — dreaded this day. He knew it was coming, but that made it no easier. When the recommendation came from his top editors (news side bosses Bob Mong and George Rodrigue, as well as digital chief David Duitch), it said what he thought it would: partner with Channel 5, pass on Channel 11, say goodbye to Channel 8.
- The Dallas Morning News shacks up with NBC5, leaving former BFF WFAA8 out of picture
And to all a good night
D-FW's list of 2013 TV newsroom exits
Kidd Kraddick's Big Secret
Before his sudden death at age 53, he became one of the most popular DJs in the country. He made millions by talking about himself. But there was one thing he couldn't share.
FCC Approves Gannett-Belo Deal
The commission gave the green light to the $1.5 billion Gannett buy of Belo's 20 stations as well as the $2.7 billion purchase by Tribune Co. of Local TV LLC’s 16 stations. Gannett says it expects to close its deal next week.
KDGE Brings Back 'Jagger Mafia' For Mornings
CLEAR CHANNEL Alternative KDGE (102.1 THE EDGE)/DALLAS announced on its website that its bringing back "The JAGGER Mafia" for mornings.
Jay Michaels exits Clear Channel/Dallas duo
Program director Jay Michaels has left Clear Channel’s KDMX and KDGE in Dallas.
Me-TV Finds New Dallas Home
Partners with CBS-owned KTXA after KTXD drops it for local programming.
Gannett wins approval for Belo TV station acquisition
Gannett Co. won U.S. antitrust approval for its $1.5 billion purchase of Dallas-based Belo Corp. and its 20 television stations, including WFAA/Channel 8, under a settlement with the Justice Department that requires the sale of a St. Louis television station.
‘Father of prostitute’ pranks American TV station, garners fans
The story of six students robbed at gunpoint at the University of Houston was no longer a gripping headline after one student, who claimed to have been a witness, told KTRK abc13 his name was “Abu Sharmouta.”
Josh Innes leaving KILT for job in Philadelphia
Josh Innes, the polarizing but popular co-host of KILT’s (610 AM) afternoon drive time show since December 2010, has left the station for a similar position in Philadelphia and will be replaced in January by longtime KGOW (1560 AM) host Sean Pendergast.
- Sean Pendergast Named New Afternoon Host For SportsRadio 610
- Macnow replaced on WIP afternoon show
- Silly Jilly Exits KKHH Nights And Moves To Philly
John Harris is out at KGOW as station shuffles lineup
KGOW (1560 AM) said it will shuffle its local lineup Jan. 6, pairing former NFL quarterback Sean Salisbury with John Granato in afternoon drive time, adding Yahoo! Sports Radio hosts Travis Rodgers and Geoff Ketchum on KGOW and dismissing longtime host John Harris.
Atom Smasher to host new Houston morning radio show
Radio personality Atom Smasher will return to Houston next month to host the morning drive time show at CBS Radio's KHMX (96.5 FM) with Shawnda McNeal, his on-air co-host since 2009.
Chronicle names managing editor
Vernon Loeb, an award-winning journalist who has served as metro editor of the Washington Post since 2011, has been named managing editor of the Houston Chronicle.
Rockets take charge in CSN Houston negotiations
The Rockets moved into the role of lead negotiator on behalf of Comcast SportsNet Houston and said they hope to increase distribution for the network as soon as possible.
RFC Media heading to the Steamboat Music Festival 2014
The award winning RFC Media crew is on the road to Colorado to produce live radio coverage, including full artist performance sets, from Steamboat Music Festival 2014. All next week listeners to RFC Media’s Rebecca Creek Radio will enjoy all the fun and music from Steamboat, Colorado and a peek behind the curtain with the stars of country music. Rebecca Creek Radio will originate live from this legendary annual country music event. RFC Media’s Rebecca Creek Radio is the custom digital radio channel for Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey. Listen for live coverage from Steamboat Music Festival 2014 beginning Tuesday January 7.
Tamez lands as EP in Telemundo Houston
Carlos Tamez has been hired as Executive Producer for KTMD-47.
Where oh where has my Qubo gone?
Viewers may have noticed recently that KPXB channel 49 has lost its subchannels. Main ION programming remains on channel 49.1, but Qubo, ION Life and infomercials disappeared from 49.2 through 49.4.
WPTV Reporter Alex Sanz to Join the AP
After two years at WPTV, Alex Sanz is leaving the West Palm Beach NBC affiliate to work for the Associated Press.
Mix 94.7 names new morning host
Brad Booker will take over for JB Hager and Sandy McIlree on Austin’s Mix 94.7, who both departed the station in recent weeks after almost 18 years on the air together.
- A look back at the biggest Austin radio stories of 2013
KWBT in, KTBC out on 94.5 FM in Waco
94.5 - Waco’s only FM talk radio station - changed to a hip-hop format.
El Paso Radio
KSNM Flips From Talk To Classic Country.
John Brewer has left the assignments desk at News92fm KROI for the one over at KPRC 2. He's worked at KROI for more than a year. Before that, he was a reporter and anchor at KPFT. The native Houstonian is a Cy-Fair HS and UH grad.
MATTHEW SMITH joins WOWT in Omaha as an Anchor and Reporter for their morning show (from KVIA, El Paso). Smith is represented by Steve Swienckowski at DCA Talent.
APPRECIATION Of BOOTED NEWS WOMEN BLOG
- Alex Wehrley Points The Way To Gorgeous Boots
- The Eyes Of Texas Are Upon You. All The Live Long Days
- Nerissa Knight And Alex Wehrley Are Double Trouble In Texas
- White Leather Vs Black Leather Little Boot Battle On Eye Opener
- That's A LOT OF LEATHER Alex Wehrley!!!
- KHOU's Chita Johnson Is Back In The Swing Of Things
- Houston's Rashi Vats Makes Her Blog Debut
- Jennifer Reyna Brought Her Big Brown Boots While Visiting Atlanta
- Kristine Galvan Shows Off Her Classic Pradas
- OVER THE KNEE BLACK SUEDE FOR JENNIFER REYNA IN HOUSTON!
- Nobody's Blue In Houston When Rita Garcia Wears Boots
- Don't Worry Erica Rico. With Boots That Gorgeous, NOBODY Will Notice The Ugly Christmas Sweater
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Fmr. KBTX met Bob French claims discrimination and retaliation against station
- Bernice Kearney named KSAT news director
- Jacqueline Crea joins KHOU from KTSM El Paso
- Chris Stipes now Fox 26 KRIV weekend anchor, plus other changes
- Anthony Yanez adds to the KPRC 2 family
- 93.7 The Arrow KKRW stunting for format flip
- 93.7 The Beat Houston replaces 93.7 The Arrow KKRW
- Top mikemcguff.com posts for 2013
- The Breakfast Club takes over 93.7 The Beat mornings; plus call letter news
- Casey Curry is expecting a baby girl