- Cat Attacks Live News Reporter, Draws Blood
- Best Reporter Falls News Bloopers Ever
- Best News Bloopers Of 2012 (Part 2)
- TV anchor gets punk'd LIVE
- TV reporter caught sexting?
- New WGN Promo: ‘We Put the Suck in Succeed’
- Fake News Reporter Gets People to Believe Fake News by Looking Like a Real News Reporter
- ‘Friendly’ Cat Attacks Fresno Morning Anchor
- Teenagers Pour Water Over KBOI’s Alana Brophy During Her Live Shot
- Weatherman caught sleeping during newscast
- Cloudy with a Chance of Godzilla
- Classic Houston TV show hosts
WFAA8 reporter Craig Civale leaving for Baylor corporate
WFAA8 reporter Craig Civale, who joined the Dallas-based station in January 2007, is leaving to take a position in "the corporate world," his colleague, Jonathan Betz, tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
Meteorologist loves game shows
When Channel 11 anchorman Len Cannon turns to weathercaster Chita Johnson on the 4 p.m. news and asks, "So is it going to rain this weekend?"
'Morning Zoo' legend deserves radio hall of fame
Well, if there's ever a Mount Rushmore of Houston radio legends, John Lander should be the first one chiseled.
NBC 5 Breaks Ground on New Facility
NBC 5 / KXAS-TV broke ground on construction Friday on its state-of-the-art broadcasting and multimedia news facility located in The CentrePort Business Park just south of the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in Fort Worth.
- NBC5 KXAS Announces Construction Of State-of-the-Art Media Facility
Steve Smith's big movie debut
Former KHOU 11 anchor Steve Smith hits the big screen.
Rangers broadcaster speaks about mystery malady
exas Rangers TV broadcaster Dave Barnett still doesn't know if a migraine led to his bizarre babbling during a game.
Univision Launches CHR "Radio H2O" In Dallas
Univision-Dallas has flipped Spanish Adult Hits KESS to CHR as "Radio H2O."
KIKK (650 AM) to become city’s fifth all-sports station as part of new CBS network
CBS announced it will launch CBS Sports Radio next January, challenging ESPN Radio with a 24-hour, seven-day programming lineup that will air in Houston on KIKK (650 AM), a daytime-only signal that has hosted a variety of formats in recent years.
- Ranking Houston's Sports Radio Personalities
- Josh Innes with his 'I'm A Dumbass' sign in traffic
Col. St. James on the Texas Radio Hall of Fame and Naked Strippers on the KLOL Console
Getting into the Texas Radio Hall of Fame is a big deal when you consider the company includes Wolfman Jack and George Carlin among others. One local dee jay, Colonel St. James of 93.7 the Arrow, is among them. He has been on air since the 1970s and has worked at just about every rock and roll station imaginable including the legendary 101 KLOL.
Courtney Zubowski's big birthday bash
KHOU Channel 11 news ace Courtney Zubowski put aside her microphone, donned a party dress and kicked up her heels at a rocking birthday bash hosted by her steady squeeze Dr. Eric Haas.
KUHF's Paul Pendergraft on Engines of Our Ingenuity, Talking Pigs and Steely Dan
If you pay attention to local radio, you know Paul Pendergraft, but despite his receiving numerous accolades including an Edward R. Murrow award and appearing virtually every day on the radio in Houston for over 20 years, you might miss him.
Brown leaves FSN to launch CSN
Thirty years ago, Brown was part of the team that launched Home Sports Entertainment, Houston's original sports network.
Jim Kovacik of 97.9 The Box Talks About Being White and The Atascocita Thugz
It is difficult surviving local music radio in any city, but Houston in particular.
Chron Admits Journatic Stories May Have Had Fake Bylines
A "Note to our readers" detailed the Chron's recent discovery that stories provided to them by Journatic and affiliate Blockshopper had used pseudonyms instead of actual writer names.
'Such a great ride': KENS 5's Fred Lozano says final goodbye
After more than 30 years in news, anchor Fred Lozano has signed off from behind the KENS 5 newsdesk for the very last time.
- Good morning: KENS' Garcia nails first day on job
TV weather vet Linscomb leaves; what about Siobhain?
After more than 12 years of TV forecasting in San Antonio, Steve Linscomb left WOAI this week for a new venture that will free him up on Saturdays and Sundays.
Ex-Spurs announcer to be tested for stroke
A former San Antonio Spurs announcer is to undergo testing for a possible stroke, WFAA-TV is reporting.
Melissa Gale Signs Off from KVUE-TV Mornings
Veteran morning news anchor Melissa Gale and KVUE-TV parted ways.
KVUE-TV Hires New Award Winning Investigative Reporter from Florida
As the Austin TV news investigative wars heat up, KVUE is back in the ball game after doing without a chief investigative reporter since March when former birddog Keli Rabon left for Denver after just eight months on the beat.
KXAN-TV Fills Sports Staff With Kentucky, Lubbock Imports
The happiest guy at KXAN these days may just be Brian Sanders
TV ratings, numbers show Rangers have eased Astros' grip on Central Texas
TV ratings favor Texas; Houston to switch to new cable channel.
KUT wins prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award
Congrats to the crew at 90.5 KUT-FM, who received a super-prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award this week.
KLRU, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame partner to preserve ACL shows
The Austin City Limits TV show has been a big part of the city's music scene for 38 years.
Waco Tribune-Herald Bought By Warren Buffett
Another Texas paper has been bought by billionaire Warren Buffett, meaning more good news in the world of Texas journalism.
Tough time for Tribune stations auction
Biz keeps close eye on fate of stations crucial to syndie sales.
Texas Supreme Court agrees to review libel law
The Texas Supreme Court agreed Friday to review a libel case that could substantially affect the way news media report on controversies.
Missing paperwork costs a Texas station a total of $40K in FCC fines
"Providing incorrect factual material to the Commission" is a very bad thing to see in a Notice of Apparent Liability, and in this case, there are two.
Fox 26 KRIV editor Damian Reed becomes Director of Creative Services at Fox 4 KBTV-TV.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KPRC 2 steals Nick Giovanni, the WJXT 4 utility guy
- KHOU 11's Courtney Zubowski joins the I-Team
- 93.7 The Arrow adds to Walton and Johnson Show
- Fox 26 KRIV adds new weekend newscasts
- 740 KTRH's Samantha Jordan leaves for WDBO 96.5
- KPRC 2 lands Andy Cerota from KTRK 13
- New faces of Houston TV
- Mia Gradney to KHOU 11
- Houston Rockets land on Sportstalk 790 KBME
- Fox 7 KTBC adds Greg Kerr as morning anchor
- Fox 4 KDFW scoops Jennifer Myers from KVIA
- KIAH 39's David Solano to WXYZ Detroit
- KHOU 11 grabs Doug Delony from Fox 26 KRIV
- Original KTRK news team reunites: Ward, Lovett & Dungan
- Mia Gradney talks new KHOU 11 role
- New Fox 26 weekend morning show's MacDonald & Dawson talk
- KHOU 11 launches morning show app