Hurricane Irene Flasher on The Weather Channel (Thanks Krystal)
- A Hurricane of Hype
- Public service or weather porn, how much coverage of Hurricane Irene has been valuable, how much hype?
- WGN Chicago Morning News Anchor Has Meltdown (Thanks Murdock)
- Video: Earthquake Interrupts Weather Forecast
- Brian Williams anchoring on WNBC
- Local Reporter Covering Hurricane Gets Slathered In ‘Sea Foam’ (Likely Raw Sewage?)
NBC5 reporter Kim Fischer leaving to pursue other possibilities
Kim Fischer, a general assignment reporter who lately has worked the early morning shift at NBC5 KXAS, will be leaving the Fort Worth-based station after a two-year tenure.
- Former Fox4 reporter Sara Sidner now dodging bullets in Libya
KENS anchor in car wreck
Sarah Forgany, co-anchor of KENS 5’s morning news, was in a bad wreck last week.
KENS back in the game with new sportscaster
WOAI, KSAT and KABB all have been in the business of beefing up their sports departments and delivering heftier blocks of scores and interviews. Now KENS 5 is jumping in the game again with the hiring of Vinnie Vinzetta.
Ex-El Paso Austin anchor Michelle Valles enters a new stage in life
Former KXAN and KTSM news anchor Michelle Valles, who left El Paso eight years ago for greener pastures in Austin, hasn't read a TV news story since December.
Longhorn Network goes live - to some
With a burnt orange and white test pattern, a rhetorical invocation from actor Matthew McConaughey and a symbolic flip of a switch by Darrell Royal, ESPN's Longhorn Network signed on Friday night from the University of Texas.
- The Few, the Proud, the Longhorn Network viewers: A critique from someone who actually saw it
- Longhorn Network crew stays positive, professional
- 3 new Longhorn Network shows
- Jim Nantz says UH and Big 12 would be a good fit
- UH announces the line up of Radio and Television shows for the 2011
Celebrities join the crowd for video shoot at TCU
KXAS/Channel 5's Deborah Ferguson and her husband, WBAP/820 AM's Steve Lamb; WFAA/Channel 8's Paige McCoy-Smith; TV personality Scott Murray; and KTVT/Channel 11 weather forecaster Garry Seith.
Houston Food Bank board of directors adds Henry Florsheim
The Houston Food Bank welcomes the newest member of its board of directors, Henry Florsheim, president and general manager of KTRK-TV Channel 13 since 1997.
Former weathercaster Heidi Jones charges she was duped into false confession in Central Park assault
Former WABC-TV weather gal Heidi Jones has filed new court papers that say she was duped into falsely confessing that she faked an assault in Central Park.
KPRC Meteorologists Work Houston's Hottest Jobs
With temperatures hitting triple-digits every day, working outside is a lot more brutal these days. KPRC Local 2's weather team hit the streets to work some of Houston's hottest jobs. Frank Billingsley, Anthony Yanez, Khambrel Marshall and Mary Lee rolled up their sleeves and broke a sweat to do common outside jobs in Houston.
5 Tips on Covering a Hurricane
Meteorologists from Miami, Charleston and Tampa offer their advice on what to do, and what not to do, when covering a hurricane.
KUT breaks in new studios
KUT’s new digs are still a loooooooong way from completion, but that didn’t stop the city’s NPR affiliate from hosting a concert this week in Studio 1A.
O’Shea New Fox Stations Master Control VP
Shawn O’Shea has been promoted to the newly-created position of vice president of master control operations for Fox Television Stations (FTS). He served five years as VP of engineering and operations for Fox 7’s KTBC Austin
New music director signs on at KGSR
There's someone new picking the tunes you hear on 93.3/102.7 KGSR-FM. Kristen Kurtis, a recent arrival from Spokane, Wash., has signed on as the station's music director.
KIAH 39 assignments editor Amor Lemus moves over to Fox 26 KRIV.
- Why journalists don’t always make the best PR pros
- Number of women working in TV falls
- 10 TV Characters Who've Outlived Their Usefulness
- Don't touch that radio dial — Arbitron is listening
- Jimmy Kimmel's Uncle Frank Dies At 77
- A journalist's guide to the scientific method - and why it's important
- 'GMA' Narrows Ratings Gap With 'Today'; Closest in 4 Years
- Conn. town officials ask ABC show to change scene
- A Jenny Jones Moment for Reality TV?
- Are Viral Videos Good for Local Television?
- New generation of Web analytics applies ‘big data’ to newsroom decisions
- 3,000 Hours of TV News from 9/11 Is Now Online
- How Steve Jobs has changed (but not saved) journalism
- ESPN goes back in time, bans breaking news on Twitter
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Food Network's 'Worst Cooks in America' Houston casting call
- Texas speed limit increase and other new laws
- Gorgeous Texas TV anchors featured on website