Clips from 1968 film promoting KHOU 11 news, with Ron Stone, Steve Edwards (now KTTV Fox 11 Good Day LA), Joanne King (now Joanne King Herring - socialite and portrayed in Charlie Wilson's War)
Where Does Local News Fit If National And Social Media Take Up All Your Time?
A comScore report commissioned by the FCC found a “surprisingly small audience for local news traffic.”
What’s With Jennifer Reyna's 'Do?’
KPRC 2's Jennifer Reyna blogs about a situation that really had her pinned.
'Blatant racism,' Houston ISD trustee Larry Marshall says of Texas Watchdog, Houston Chronicle ethics coverage
Larry Marshall, a four-term trustee of the Houston Independent School District, said there was nothing wrong with those votes or with the votes cast by trustees president Paula Harris, who voted to approve contracts involving a company owned by a close friend. He also labeled as "racism" the recent coverage by Texas Watchdog and the Houston Chronicle concerning ethics in HISD.
Ex-TV weather woman Heidi Jones indicted for Central Park sex attack claim
Prosecutors may be playing hardball with ex-TV weathercaster Heidi Jones. The one-time WABC-TV (and former KTRK 13) forecaster charged with faking claims she was assaulted by a mystery man in Central Park has been indicted, her lawyer told the New York Daily News.
KOA'S Lois Melkonian headed to Houston radio
Lois Melkonian of KOA radio's "The Ride Home" is coming to Houston radio according to Denver media, where in Houston not sure yet.
Houston sports radio talk top 3s
Houston Media Watch ranks the top 3s in all categories of local sports talk radio.
- Houston and Dallas radio ratings
KXAN debuts 4:30 a.m. newscast
Wake-up time is getting even earlier for KXAN’s morning news team.
S.A.’s Norah O’Donnell nabs CBS’ top White House job
CBS News clearly has a hankering for San Antonians! First, S.A.-born Scott Pelley was promoted to the big anchor chair and now radiant Norah O’Donnell, also from our fair city, gets the royal woo from the Tiffany Network.
Longhorn Network shares programming details
Dave Brown, president of The Longhorn Network — the ESPN-owned and -operated network dedicated to Texas athletics — shared details about the enterprise.
Me-TV is on the air in Houston
KUBE has turned on the MeTV signal on channel 57.5. (Thanks Mike)
KTSM's Griego to leave Sun City for the East Coast
KTSM weekend anchor and reporter Monique Griego is leaving for Baltimore.
- New KFOX sales manager
- NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt Shares His Plan to Rebuild the Network
- Timing not best for new Couric show
- Oprah On OWN: 'I Wouldn't Bet Against Me,' I Want O.J. Simpson To Confess To Me
- Spanish TV News Expands As 2012 Election Nears
- New President Changes Station Group Name to ‘NBC Owned Television Stations’
- Which Democratic Member of Congress Has a ‘Significant Investment’ in Fox News Parent Company?
- America’s Favorite Talking Hothead
- The Top Markets for Local Online Traffic
- Comcast chief Brian Roberts unveils next generation Xfinity TV system
- Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter & Tumblr Reach New Heights in May
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Houston casting for Food Network's 'Worst Cooks in America'
- Texan views on legalization of marijuana, gambling, the White House and more
- Coca-Cola Freestyle soda machine in Houston
- 106.9 The Zone simulcasts 107.5 The Eagle KGLK