Video of KTRK 13's children show host Kitirk at the 1965 Houston rodeo parade (from what it looks like)
JB and Sandy’s KEYE-TV simulcast to end
Radio duo JB and Sandy, whose Mix 94.7 program has been simulcast on local KEYE-TV are losing their TV gig. The CBS affiliate has announced that they will be replaced by “We Are Austin Mornings,” an extension of its 4-5 p.m. weekday lifestyle program, “We Are Austin Live.”
- KEYE TV announces We Are Austin Mornings
- KEYE 42 Austin loses morning newscast for Mix 94.7 radio show
It’s Not Your Father’s Late News At Fox OandOs
The 16 Fox-owned stations that produce news are trying to change the way they do latenight news and “break out of the box.”
Rowdy Yates coming to KVOO-FM
Former KILT jock Rowdy Yates joins Sunny Leigh and Luke Dawg on Journal Broadcast Group’s KVOO-FM Tulsa mornings beginning 5/9. (I will interview Rowdy Yates tomorrow on mikemcguff.com)
- Rowdy Yates Lands In Mornings At KVOO Tulsa
A soon to be post-Oprah WFAA8 has no current plans to join the 4 p.m. local news game
With Oprah Winfrey signing off, what should WFAA 8 do with the freedom to make its own bed from 4 to 5 p.m?
NBCU Launching Three New Local News Nets
Each of the new channels will include a nightly, weekday newscast "complementing and expanding" on the newscasts already airing on the stations' primary channels. The stations providing the news are WTVJ Miami; KXAS Dallas.
- NBC OandOs Launch 3 More 24/7 News Channel
No More Requests for Night Owl Classical Lovers: KUHF (and KUHA) Will Offer Canned Music Only
Locally hosted overnight shows on KUHF will soon be a thing of the past, and don't go looking for them on KUHA, the phoenix rising from KTRU's ashes, either, confirms Richard Bonnin, executive director of media relations at UH's Office of University Communication.
- KTRU Departs FM Airwaves Defiant, Unique As Ever
Tune, Er, Click In
Austin360Radio.com, the Austin American-Statesman’s newest medium, promised listeners off the top that artists featured on the new Internet radio station would have Austin connections creating a recognizable Austin sound.
Clear Channel takes over Metro Traffic
Westwood One spins its Metro Traffic business to Clear Channel for $119.25M. (Thanks Mike)
Coverage plans for morning newscasts
The most successful morning newscasts have a coverage plan that is formulated the previous day. It is absolutely imperative that there be a plan in place before the morning show staff reports to work.
- U.S. Networks Scramble on News of Bin Laden’s Death
- NBC Expected to Pick Curry as ‘Today’ Co-Host
- CNN hires Erin Burnett from CNBC
- White House correspondents’ dinner sees a less-serious Obama
- Howard Stern's new shorter work week is beginning
- 'Anchorman 2': Will Ferrell Blasts Paramount Over Nixing Sequel
- TelePrompTer Inventor Dies at 91
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KSAT 12 launches First News at 4 and an hour-long Nightbeat at 10
- KIAH 39 to start morning news with Eye Opener; Mia Gradney returns