support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Houston's AMC Meyer Park 16 movie theater demolished

Another place I spent a lot of time in my youth in southwest Houston is now gone. Wednesday I was driving down West Bellfort and noticed that the old AMC Meyer Park 16 was being demolished.

This can be a Mike McGuff teen hangout follow up to the Meyer Park Chili's closing which I told you about in 2009.  The Meyer Park AMC movie theater closed years ago. It's reputation had been tarnished since the early days. There was some rough stuff going on over there in the latter years.

I talked to someone in the area about it and they told me the buzz in the area neighborhood is that a Kohl's is going in.

Here are some photos I snapped as I passed by:


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here