support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, June 11, 2010

VIDEO: 1970s Johnny Carson profile on 60 Minutes



Watch part 2

Here is a 60 Minutes profile on Johnny Carson. It was produced during the Carter administration based on his jokes so you have a time frame. With the current late night wars winding down for a bit, I think it is great to go back and watch the true master. (Check out the part where Johnny makes a joke that Mike Wallace is there to interview Ed McMahon about the finances on his house. That's a portent if I have ever seen one.)

Lately I have been getting quite the Carson fix. You can watch Carson's Comedy Classics on the Reelz channel. And I just read an interview with Johnny in a Rolling Stone mag interview book my wife just bought me. I can remember begging to stay up late just to watch The Tonight Show back then. Even though I was too young to get many of the jokes, Carson had a quality that could entertain all ages. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here