Thursday, April 08, 2010

Help me identify this bird in my tree

An unidentified object and its partner have landed in my tree. The only thing I can do is photograph this avian couple and turn it over to the Web.  Can you tell me what bird this is? I have no idea.

 Clearly it likes to migrate to Houston during the year because the same type of bird lived on the next street over for years until now.





  1. Well son, it looks like you got yourself a pair of Yellow-Crowned Night-Herons.

    Don't quote me on that, but compared to other Yellow-Crowned Night-Herons, it appears to be the same.

    DISCLAIMER: Groovehouse is not a certified ornithologist, he only plays one on the interwebs.

  2. Groovehouse would appear to be correct. But hell what do I know? I just design oilfield equipment for a living.

  3. It looks like a big cock of a bird.