Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Former Houston TV reporter Cynthia Hunt working the Houston Rodeo

The 2010 season of The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo made its big debut this week and so did a former Houston television broadcaster. Former KTRK 13 and KPRC 2 reporter Cynthia Hunt has joined the rodeo broadcasting team.

"Cynthia is the newest member of the RODEOHOUSTON announcer team," Sarah Poole of the HLSR told the blog. "She is our new color commentator for the FanZone, Mutton Bustin' and Calf Scramble."

When not working in some aspect of the media, Hunt is a regional vice president with Arbonne. On her site Hunt says the line is a Swiss formulated company that sells pure, safe, vegan make-up, detox, vitamins, and weight loss. Being a dude, I have never heard of it.

While we're at it, let's take a look at some of Cynthia Hunt's greatest hits:

- Former Houston TV reporter dates on reality TV
- Harris County Sheriff's Office videos and the Houston TV connection
- PIC: My Houston rodeo carnival photos
- PICS: My Rodeo Houston photos


  1. I saw her last night and wondered what had happened to her.

  2. Arbonne VP? Apparently you can take the girl out of the TV station, but you can't take the TV station out of the girl.

  3. Vegan make up and Rodeo announcer? Hmmm...

  4. Has she had some surgery? She looks different.

  5. Saw her at the Rodeo on Tejano Day...not impressed with the announcing or the results of her vegan makeup.

  6. A reporter I can't name told me the real reason she left Ch. 13.
    I saw her do a story in real life long ago. She is very pushy and
    curt. I realize she was working on deadline as my sister was a news reporter on TV also. It's a tough gig. I think Cynthia got older faster than she planned. She also is close to 40 now. TV doesn't hire you when you get up there in years trust me. Hopefully she will find other outlets besides broadcasting.

  7. Cynthia Hunt got married a second time in 2010. I wish her all the best. She is also a new mom with a young daughter. She is probably done with broadcasting now. I'm sure she doesn't miss it.