AUDIO: While I'm away from blogging and posting Houston media news on my Facebook page, go listen to an interview I did on Black Coffee Radio about Houston TV and the Rock 101 KLOL Documentary!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Mike McGuff gets called out by future city council member

Don't look to me for picks on political winners. I made the prediction that Roseann Rogers aka The Buzz Lady (former KPRC 2 and current KTBU 55) had a great shot at winning the race for Bellaire City Council, Position 3.

With her years on Houston television, I figured she had good name ID and a leg up on her competitor Corbett Parker. Boy was I wrong. Parker got almost 72% of the vote in last Saturday's runoff.

In a funny tweet to me Parker wrote:

@CorbettParker @mikemcguff Luv blog and sic'em Bears but Roseann didn't have it in bag. Leave politics to @miyashay. Thx 4 motivation in http://tiny.cc/LP1XO

You know Corbett, I will and congrats on the big win. I will also leave the Christmas tree decorating advice up to Miya Shay too. Hey Corbett, can you get me out of a ticket if I get nailed for going 1 mph over in Bellaire?

2 comments:

  1. Media folks end up as spin doctors for the folks who get elected.

    Speaking of which, when does Trahan get the boot?

    -ls

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.