support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where is Dr. Phil on Houston TV?

I will admit that I never have watched an episode of Dr. Phil. The only thing I know about him is what I heard from a former Wichita Falls, TX resident where Dr. McGraw used to practice. Some thought he was odd there too.

Back on point, a blog reader asked me where Dr. Phil's show airs in Houston. It used to be on KPRC 2 at 3pm until this week, but now Oprah's new fave Dr. Oz occupies that spot. This leaves Dr. Phil to click his ruby slippers together and say aloud, "There's no place like my old time slot, there's no place like my old time slot."

I contacted KPRC 2 and was told:

"As of Monday September 14th, Dr. Phil is no longer on our schedule. Currently we do not have additional information on when the Dr. Phil program might air. The 3pm time slot has been filled by a new program: Dr. Oz, which we think folks will enjoy watching. It's a very fun, smart, and informative program."

So Dr. Phil fans might need therapy over this. Stay tuned.

(Image courtesy News OK) CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here