support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

VIDEO: Mike McGuff prank call as 'Shazzy'



I did this improv prank call on my 107.1 KWBU radio show 10 years ago and still laugh at it today.

Basically Rogue DJ John Carroll and I would go to the Baylor University student union want ad board and select a target. In this case, a guy wanting to start a band. To his surprise, I called as an old British rocker living in Waco who was in 1980s metal bands and needing a quick paycheck.

If I remember correctly, I just called with a premise and made up the name Shazzy and his band Shattered Misses as I went along. From there it just gets crazier and crazier. After all, Shazzy wants his head chopped off on stage and states he once puked on Mick Jagger. Enjoy.

If you can't see YouTube videos, listen to the audio file. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here