support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

VIDEO: The craziest TV newscast open

Miami Fox affiliate WSVN is famous in TV news circles for being very over the top. You might even recognize the station's set as the inspiration for the old News2Houston KPRC set.

Ted of Saltine Crackers with Tab declares WSVN's 10pm newscast the world's worst television news open.

WATCH IT

I love it because it is so over the top. If I was a reporter at a station like that I would be jumping at the chance every night to out do everyone including my performance from the night before!

If the news managers wanted props, I'd give them props. What about me holding up a gun and firing blanks into the air? Or maybe sawing the head off a mannequin? (Although I can't think of how this would fit most stories) What about me wearing Gene Simmons KISS makeup one night? Although I would somehow owe Mr. Simmons a royalty payment for that.

Any other ideas? CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here