support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Foo Fighters in Houston

Went and saw the Foo Fighters, Jimmy Eat World and Against Me at the Toyota Center in Houston Tuesday night. It was a good show in parts and VERY loud. You might say I am just getting too old, but I swear that Metallica in the same venue wasn't THAT loud a few years ago.

The Foo Fighters delivered as usual. This was the third time I have seen them. Dave Grohl is an excellent front man (and drummer although he did not touch them all night). Grohl set Taylor Hawkins up to be booed by the crowd when he announed Taylor was from Dallas (if the reverse were true, Dallas would boo too). Needless to say Grohl is a funny guy.

In the middle of the show, a second stage drops into the middle of the arena, and the Foos play an acoustic show. Original Foo Fighters guitarist Pat Smear showed up in Houston for this part along with other musicians.

Jimmy Eat World has a few hits I like, the rest of the time I was bored. I didn't like how they shot spot lights into the audience. Where I was sitting, it was actually blinding. So not only was I experiencing hearing loss, but I was also blinded.

Against Me needs to put up a sign behind them that says who they are. People around us thought they were Jimmy Eat World. I knew better because I've heard their music on Liquid Buzz 94.5 HD2. It's not bad.

Well, as of this writing, I still have a ringing in my left ear. Guess that means we rocked?

RELATED
- Foo Fighters bring heart, humor to Houston show
- Interview: Chris Shiflett of the Foo Fighters



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here