support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, August 20, 2007

KGOW 1560 The Game is alive

Why do I feel like a proud father watching my son go off to his first day of kindergarten for some guy talk? Really I don't know because none of it has anything to do with me.

If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know 1560 KILE is going on the air today as 1560 KGOW The Game. This is the John Granato, Richard Justice, Ken Hoffman and Sean Pendergast station we've heard about for a while. Is it guy talk? Is it sports? Maybe both.

The web site is alive at 1560thegame.com.

This weekend, the station was playing music every time I tuned in. Maybe it was sports themed music? I'll be honest, it is not the easiest station to pick up. I have a Sharper Image radio I listen to. It picks up almost everything except for 103.7 KIOL and 106.9 The Point KHPT. 1560 sort of comes in. Maybe that will get better.

Meanwhile, the other guy station MOJO 950 KPRC is already on the air or is it? Seems like the station has not done a good job of killing off the Talk Radio 950 KPRC imaging. During Matt Drudge Sunday night, I heard promos for both Sam Malone and Sean Hannity during the music tosses to the ad breaks. Neither guy is on that station anymore. I'm surprised Clear Channel is that sloppy.

Let the Sports/Guy radio station war begin in Houston. I think I hear Jim Rome about to parachute into Houston to defend Sports Radio 610 KILT's honor.

(blogHOUSTON is also talking about this) CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here