support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Searching for Texas barbecue - Joe's Bar-B-Q in Alvin

Joe Williams (a friend at work) and I have been searching for the perfect Texas barbecue for a few years now. There were some hits and misses in our quest.

He might like one joint that shares his name I found in Alvin this weekend.

Joe's Barbeque Company is in a rustic looking building that has a good vibe for barbecue.

While the staff seemed a little confused at times, the food more than made up for it. I ordered my usual, a sliced brisket sandwich, then added potato salad and followed that up with peach cobbler and ice cream. With the latter, it's all you can eat with around 10 flavors of ice cream to choose from.

I hear the ribs are very good too.

I'd say it is worth the drive to Alvin. Then you can pick up 89.7 KACC even clearer.

Joe's Barbeque Company
1400 E Highway 6
Alvin TX 77511
281.331.9626 CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here