support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Monday, February 19, 2007

XM and Sirius satellite radio merge

I've had XM Radio since 2003. That is now the dark ages of satellite.

Today, the two announced what many have expected, they are becoming one company. That means I will now get Howard Stern I guess.

Was there a bad omen?

Like I said, I've had XM since 2003 and last Friday, my XM radio shut down. Is this a portent? Probably not.

Went to Best Buy on Saturday and found prices for the radio units had dropped significantly. Now I just have to get in at the right time to have one installed.

Update
The companies have regulatory hurdles to overcome CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here