support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, January 26, 2007

More abc13.com blog talk

I just reworked the Houston Blogs index page on abc13.com. There will be some more tweaks coming, like getting a new banner for the abc13.com Consumer Blog to match the other new blogs.

I've been slow on my posts on the Consumer Blog lately but am looking to pick things up once I implement some changes. Don't unsubscribe just yet! Building all of the other blogs is taking up my blogging time. My latest project is adding our video channels to all of the blogs.

As for the new looks on the blogs, here's a secret. On both the Political and Weather blogs I raided my Maui honeymoon pictures for the sky - specifically the Haleakala Crater images.

You've never seen that orange of a sky behind city hall have you? That picture was taken with my Sony point and shoot 3.2 megapixel. No Photoshop required, the colors were already amazing. I took the city hall pictures during the Dynamo celebration party with my Nikon D-50. The Miya picture worked very well too. From now on, I want to make the blog header graphics look alike on each blog.

Back to the Houston Blog page, there is a banner at the bottom that says another abc13.com blog is on its way. Care to take a swing at what that one is going to be about? If not, stay tuned, I'll post more about it here. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here