support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Lisa Foronda leaving KHOU channel 11

I heard the news that Lisa Foronda was leaving Channel 11 KHOU Monday afternoon but didn't post because I didn't know if it was true or not.

Well it is.

Here is Foronda in her own words from her blog:
I wanted to add a few tidbits and answer some questions you may have.

1. Why am I leaving? Bottom line, I'm looking forward to a career that is not in the public eye and allows me to work one on one with people, rather that through a camera. I'm also young enough to make a career change. Ten years down the road, I don't want to be stuck in a job I'm not passionate about.

2. What will I do? I will not be doing TV. This is the end of the line for me in this business. I'm not sure what career I will go into, but I have a few "irons in the fire."

BlogHouston also linked to KHOU's press release about her departure and now the Chronicle's Mike McDaniel is writing about it:
Lisa Foronda, a Channel 11 news anchor since 1997, will leave her post on Dec. 22 to pursue other, undeclared activities.

"I'm finished with TV news," she said Monday. "I really want to do something else with my life, something not in the public eye."

She said her decision had nothing to do with her colleagues or superiors, only with the nature of the job itself.

The Chron article says Debra or Deborah Duncan will not replace Foronda:

The Foronda replacement will not come from Channel 11's morning team, Diaz said.

"Our mornings are just as important as our evenings," he said. "Our plan is to leave that team alone."

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here