support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Video: The Wacky TV Weatherman

Being that I am in the industry, this is probably one of my favorite video collections on the Internet. It's Mark Mathis, the Wacky Weatherman, doing his crazy shtick on air at WCCB-TV in Charlotte. (scroll down to middle of the page)

I think his act borderlines on genius. Why? Supposedly this Fox station saw its ratings go up...wonder why? I believe he is in Colorado now - no word if he kept this act up.

Mathis has worked at stations in Texas, but I don't think he'd be allowed to do this act in the Houston TV market.















UPDATE 2013
Mark Mathis is at KTSM-TV El Paso, TX


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here