support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Google Story: A review

I finished The Google Story by David Vise and Mark Malseed recently. Not a bad book, I enjoyed reading it. Although I did get sick of the high degree of reverence thrown at the company and its two founders.

Yes, Google is an amazing company to watch, that's why I read the book in the first place, but after a while I went to check the cover to see if Eddie Haskell was the author, "Hey, Larry and Serg, that's a nice sweater set you're wearing."

Guess throwing out lots of praise works for authors who want access. And the authors did have a lot of access. They also grabbed stuff from transcripts and past articles.

Overall, I would recommend the book. I think you will have a greater appreciation for what Google really is after reading it. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here