support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, July 16, 2018

That time Donna McKenzie shut down 101 KLOL

[Blogging vacay in effect, but here's a great post for you in the meantime! Sign up for news on my KLOL documentary below.]


Former 101 KLOL DJ and Texas Radio Hall of Fame member, Donna McKenzie, just told a great story on the Runaway Radio Rewind video podcast.

In case you haven't subscribed, go check out the YouTube or Facebook page.

Also, if you can't get enough of KLOL, go subscribe to the email and social media accounts for my upcoming Rock 101 KLOL documentary! That's where you can find out when the trailer launches.

In the second episode of the Runaway Radio Rewind podcast, a new video podcast put on by the KLOL staff members that were there, McKenize talks about how she joined the legendary Houston rock station and more:

I was working at Z107 (KZFX) which was a classic rock station that was the first classic rock station FM in the nation. And so it became a real competitor to KLOL and I was doing afternoons there and that was the time when Dayna left KLOL, Danya Steele, left KLOL and she went to California. So she called me, she called me and she said listen you know I think you would be a good fit and I would you know we’ve been talking about you. Are you interested? And so I was on maternity leave at the time, I just had my daughter, and so I took a meeting with the program director at KLOL at the time and that didn’t work out. I think it was, I don’t think it was too close to me just for having had a kid. And you know he actually asked me you know how how do you think having a child will, you know, affect your work because we are very hands on. We’re out all the time. And I was like even the president has kids anyway so it was about a year and a half later, new Program Director, and I wound up meeting him at a show. READ THE REST


rock101movie.com \\ Facebook \\ Twitter



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here