- Ummm...you're on the air
- Houston Chronicle reporter tattoos himself on NewsFix segment
- Revisit the glory daze when WFAA aired a daily teen dance party that was “Sump’n Else”
- Whodunnit? A KENS 5 Christmas mystery
- Dallas Anchor Trips Over NFL Player’s Name. Cam Newton Shows How it’s Done
- WFAA-TV’s Dale Hansen blows secret about Dallas Cowboys DE Jeremy Mincey’s New Year’s marriage proposal
- Paul Lynde doing the Weather at WSPD-TV Toledo 1978
- 2014 KEYE Sales vs News Hoilday Contest
- 97.9 KFMK Houston - Aircheck (1991)
- Behind the Scenes at FOX 7 Austin
A Dallas News Show Had Some Dirty Fun With Play-Doh’s Penis-Shaped Toy — At A Female Anchor’s Expense
No one had more fun with the news though than Dallas’ WFAA.
Dallas’ WRR puts fresh focus on music
One of America’s last remaining commercial classical stations will put a greater focus on the music in 2015 as WRR, Dallas (101.1) will make some changes.
Research Director, Inc. Presents Exclusive Dec. PPM Analysis For Houston
This market was somewhat late to the office holiday party.
KHOU 11's Lily Jang engaged after fairy tale proposal
It was a typical Friday night for KHOU Ch. 11 morning news anchor Lily Jang and her hunky beau, chef Kevin Bryant of Eleven XI restaurant — until something special happened.
Radar the weather dog has health scare
Houston's favorite dog, Radar, visited the KPRC Local 2 studios with some important news. We wanted to let our viewers know that Radar had a health scare.
Fox 26 KRIV news van broken into
The Devil is always busy especially around the holidays.
- Concerned Residents Return FOX Houston Station’s Stolen Laptop
From Ali to A.J. Foyt, Dan Lovett’s book tells stories from a life in broadcasting
“Anybody Seen Dan Lovett? Memoirs of a Media Nomad” is an appropriate title for the longtime newsman’s memoirs. Almost a half-century after sharing the set with Dave Ward at KTRK (Channel 13), Lovett, 74, is as likely to be in Africa or New Zealand, working on freelance film projects, as he is enjoying an active retirement at his Houston home.
Hilarious Engagement Photo Is Worth More Than A Thousand Words!
Lauren, a popular disc jockey on Mix 96.5 KHMX, is the oldest daughter and happily unmarried at age 32. She is the one on the right, drinking champagne. Her sisters from left to right are Melanie, Melissa, and Amy, all engaged or married. Also, Lauren has accepted the nomination for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Woman of the Year. (Thanks to PR Fairy @farbulous)
Classic Hip-Hop Is Spreading on the Radio Dial
Radio One started the trend in October when it introduced Boom 92 in Houston.
- Radio One's Jay Rio Segues To KROI Houston From WHHH Indianapolis
NGEN gets Brant Hansen's show after Air1 departure
Former Air1 jock returns to Houston with "The Brant Hansen Show" on KSBJ's NGEN.
What's up with Gene Norman?
Although the station isn't talking, FTV is blogging that it appears WIAT main Weather Anchor Gene Norman is out the door.
WOAI anchors sad to exit downtown
WOAI-TV's news staffers not only are excited about movin' on up in the latest ratings book — from their long-held rank of third to No. 2 at most news times — but also moving into new state-of-the-art digs on San Antonio's Northwest Side.
- News 4 San Antonio has moved into the Fox San Antonio studios that will now serve as the Sinclair Broadcast Center
San Antonio Station Retracts Stories After Attorney Sues for Defamation
San Antonio CBS affiliate KENS has retracted two stories and apologized for “inaccurate” reports after accusing a San Antonio lawyer of being unprofessional and unethical.
- Retraction of prior story about Jon Christian Amberson
- San Antonio TV News Sued, Accused Lawyer of mishandling a case, never interviewed him
New S.A. TV forecaster has NBC experience, radiant smile
Jeannette Calle, who has done forecasts for NBC and MSNBC, has join Michael Garofalo, Leslie Bohl and traffic anchor Jessica Headley on WOAI.
WOAI Gives New Contract To Joe 'Pags' Pagliarulo
iHEARTMEDIA News WOAI-A/SAN ANTONIO has agreed to a new contract with JOE “PAGS” PAGLIARULO. PAGLIARULO hosts “The JOE PAGS Show” weekdays, 5–8p (CT).
New Year's Day update from Loriana Hernandez
Former Good Day Austin anchor Loriana Hernandez gives an update on her leukemia battle.
Patrick Crawford back home and on the mend
KCEN Meteorologist Patrick Crawford is out of the hospital and home with family more than a week after he was shot in the parking lot of the KCEN studios.
Texas TV reporter proposed to after 'Alphabet Aerobics' rap video goes viral
In the YouTube video, KWES (Odessa) reporter Kim Powell almost perfectly raps to the challenging song “Alphabet Aerobics” by Blackalicious before her live broadcast.
The Washington Post and The Texas Tribune announce new partnership
Beginning in 2015, The Washington Post will enter an exciting new partnership with The Texas Tribune, which will include shared editorial content, collaboration on events and more. The Texas Tribune will also join the more than 220 newspapers currently participating in The Post’s digital partner program, offering their subscribers 52 weeks of free and unlimited digital access to The Washington Post.
Loftis, longtime Chronicle editor, remembered as fair, mischievous
Jack D. Loftis, who led the Houston Chronicle newsroom through space shuttle flights, the Enron scandal and the 9/11 terror attacks, has died at age 80 after a long illness.
Remembering KPRC's Ray Sletner
You may not have known him, but you knew his work. For two decades, Ray Sletner was the "man behind the sound" at Local 2.
San Antonio Broadcasting Legend Bill McReynolds Dies
Bill McReynolds, a Texas legend who work as the Farm and Ranch Director at Newsradio 1200 WOAI for fifty years, greeting people across the southern half of the state and beyond with his trademark greeting, "Howdy, friends!" has died at the age of 93.
- Goodbye to a golden-voiced broadcaster
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Justin Stapleton joins KPRC 2 weather team
- Kaley O’Kelley joins KTVT 11 DFW evenings, Karen Borta to mornings
- Adela Uchida to KEYE Austin
- Dave Ward ready to party at end of 10pm news bash
- Britta Merwin to replace Anthony Yanez on KPRC 2
- Top mikemcguff blog posts for 2014
- KHOU's Rekha Muddaraj announces maternity leave