- Dave Ward's lost 1972 promos FOUND!
- Anderson Cooper wipes up KPRC's 'serial pooper' story
- TV cameraman punched in face outside court
- Reality Behind Making Local News
- Someone Made a Supercut of KXRM Meteorologist’s Seinfeld References
- Weatherman busting up on air
- Heated Argument Explodes into Insane Brawl on Live TV
- Anchor Goes Off On Viewers Who Complained About Weather Warning
- KHOU photographer helps family forced out of home by snake
- Houston Photojournalist Rolling When Driver Careens Through Crowd
- Anchor Calls Fire Truck ‘F*ck Truck’ While Reading Story
- TV reporter grabs human poop with bare hands
- John McClain eats his words and a Chronicle sports page
- Saturday Night Live took another turn at making fun of Miami’s morning TV
- SA Live debut with Fiona Gorostiza 2014
- 104 KRBE Houston - Scott Sparks/Ryan Chase (1994)
- 104 KRBE Houston - Jingles by JAM (1984)
- Meteorologist Rescues Kitten from Tornado Rubble in Ohio
Former KBTX News Director, Anchor, Reporter Dies
KBTX's recently retired news director, Mike George, was found dead Sunday afternoon at his home in College Station.
- KBTX news director Mike George in Bryan/College Station is getting out of the TV [10/3/2013]
Solid, seasoned NBC5 reporter Randy McIlwain leaving for L.A. post at NBC-owned KNBC-TV
Randy McIlwain, a stalwart and standout general assignment reporter for the past 11-and-a-half years at Fort Worth-based NBC5, is heading West to join NBC-owned KNBC-TV in Los Angeles.
NBC5's latest newcomer is reporter Johnny Archer
Reporter Johnny Archer from WHAS-TV in Louisville, KY joined NBC5 this month and is no relation to The Green Arrow.
Ellen Bryan reports to NBC5 for early morning reporting duties
Fort Worth-based NBC5 has hired Ellen Bryan as a reporter for its early morning newscasts.
Dallas host walks off set over Michael Sam kiss
One of the hosts of a local Dallas morning show "The Broadcast" was so not happy after watching NFL draftee Michael Sam kiss his boyfriend and her co-anchors thinking it was OK, that she walked off the set during the broadcast.
- No one watched at the time, but it's been a nice after-party for KTXD's The Broadcast
- After Walking Off Set Over Michael Sam Kiss, Dallas TV Host Speaks to Fox News
Adrienne Roark leaving CBS11 as news director, heading to Portland, OR
Adrienne Roark, who joined CBS11 as news director on March 23, 2010, resigned Friday and will be joining CBS affiliate KOIN-TV in Portland, Oregon as that station’s general manager.
NBC 5 Disputes Use of Footage in Branch Political Ad
Republican candidate for Texas Attorney General Dan Branch is airing a new television ad that uses NBC 5 news footage.
Twitter storm erupts between Fort Worth councilman, Weather Channel
It began with a frustrated tweet from City Councilman Joel Burns over what he says were repeatedly ignored requests to The Weather Channel to stop associating photos of Dallas with Fort Worth.
- Weather Channel sets off storm on Twitter
Broadcast Hill property transferred to city of Fort Worth
As promised, NBC Universal has deeded its 66-year-old KXAS/Channel 5 facilities on Broadcast Hill in east Fort Worth to the city.
Texas-based radio station mocks Obama’s climate report
A Dallas-based radio station is pitching in to fight climate change — by declaring all of its programming “carbon neutral.”
John Harris replacing Rich Lord as Texans radio sideline reporter
New Texans media contributor John Harris will replace Rich Lord as sideline reporter for the team’s radio broadcasts this fall, Texans broadcasting director Marc Vandermeer said Thursday.
DirecTV Tells CSN Houston Where to Stick Its Teams
DirecTV wants nothing to do with the CSN Houston or the teams that broadcast games on that network. AT&T is doing fine without the network. So are the rest of the cable/satellite providers in the five-state CSN Houston market.
Radio newsman recovering from cancer surgery
Longtime Houston radio newsman JP Pritchard is resting his voice, but not his typing skills, as he recovers at home from surgery last week.
Media stars light up the runway for Star of Hope
It’s fun tradition among Houston media personalities: Walking the runway for the Star of Hope’s annual celebrity fashion show and luncheon.
Dan Patrick radio deal financed by S&L swindler
Republican Dan Patrick, the leading GOP contender for lieutenant governor, took over a Houston radio station years ago with funds borrowed from a businessman later convicted of looting tens of millions of dollars from a Louisiana savings and loan.
#6 Houston-Galveston TX
April 2014 Portable People Meter
KBME gets boost in April radio ratings
- April PPM Analysis For Houston
KSBJ announces fresh lineup to kick off summer
KSBJ welcomes a fresh face with the addition of Rachelle Carrillo to host the Afternoon Show.
Michael Garfield, The High Tech Texan, will be contributing stories and videos to USATODAY.com with potential bleed over into the paper. Part of his additional role as part of Gannett Company (WFAA-TV) he posted on Facebook. That's not the only additional thing he's doing, Garfield just picked up a column at Bayou City Magazine. He says on Facebook he should be able to do more topics other than just technology.
Nolan Nawrocki-esque SportsRadio 610 Jock Profiles
Here are Nolan Nawrocki-esque Draft Profiles of SportsRadio610 Jocks.
KUHT adds Classical 91.7 simulcast
Houston Public Media is taking advantage of the new common ownership among KUHT channel 8, NPR news-talk KUHF 88.7 FM, and classical KUHA 91.7 FM by beginning to simulcast Classical 91.7 on KUHT channel 8.5.
Ware returns to KTSA; opens up about kids’ suicides
Trey Ware returned to his KTSA-AM show Monday morning after taking three weeks to mourn the loss of his son, Justin, who took his own life late last month.
WOAI-TV promotes S.A. staple to chief weather job
It may be a bit cloudy outside, but inside, it’s a particularly sunny day for WOAI-TV weathercaster Albert Flores.
Evy Ramos named news anchor at News 4 San Antonio
Evy Ramos joins the News 4 San Antonio team effective Monday, May 19th. Ramos will co-anchor the station's 6:00, 6:30 and 10:00p.m. weeknight newscasts with Randy Beamer.
Elisa Amigo named KABB news anchor
Elisa Amigo joins the Fox San Antonio news team effective May 19, teaming with Michael Valdes to anchor the station’s highly rated Fox News at Nine. Elisa joins the award winning Fox 29 team from WJW in Cleveland, where she spent seven years as a news anchor and reporter.
'Leave our women alone'
KENS 5 producer urges S.A. to stand up to Barkley
KEYE’s Maggio prepares to wrap up 33-year TV career
Judy Maggio, who co-anchors KEYE’s 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. newscasts, announced earlier this year that she’d retire at the end of May after 33 years on Austin’s airwaves. Since then, people have been asking — and speculating about — what’s next for the beloved broadcaster.
KEYE TV Announces New Evening Anchor Team Addition
Hema Mullur will join Walt Maciborski, Chikage Windler, and Bob Ballou as anchor of the KEYE News 5pm, 6pm, and 10pm weekday newscasts.
- Hema Mullur leaves Fox31/Channel 2 for Austin
Revolving door in Midland
The recent musical chairs that is the sports staff at KMID Midland (Market #150) continues.
The strange case of the 34-year-old 'sophomore'
KETK Reporter Alexandra Carter appeared on Fox News' On The Record with Greta Van Susteren talking about the story of the Texas woman who allegedly posed as a high school sophomore for seven months.
The Texas Tribune launches its new combination op-ed page/sponsored content pitch
The Texas Tribune is getting into sponsored content for a new online opinion section called TribTalk.
Roseann Rogers announces that she is the new VP of Strategic Marketing and Development at the Houston Chronicle.
Mariana Pineda Navarro posted on Facebook she is leaving Univision 45 KXLN where she has worked as a reporter for the last nine years to work in public relations.
Account Executive Natasha Paster announced on LinkedIn she has moved from KTRK abc13 to KHOU 11. She was with the Disney ABC Television Group for the last two years.
JOEY HORTA to Morning Anchor at KSEE, Fresno (from KGBT, Harlingen). Horta is represented by Steve Swienckowski at DCA Talent.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- How old is KTRK abc13's Dave Ward?
- Houston has lots of TV jobs open
- FOX 26 KRIV shows us a sign...or two
- Kelly Rowland dated KTRK abc13 reporter Foti Kallergis?
- Lucy Noland heads to WTXF Philly; will anchor with former Houstonian
- London Broadcasting Company to sell 6 TV stations to Gannett
- Bruce Aleksander, longtime Houston TV lighting director-designer, gets honored
- Britta Merwin joins KPRC 2 as meteorologist
- KPRC 2 sees two departures over the weekend