- Wyman Meinzer talks photography tips with mikemcguff.com
- Scuffle Breaks Out On-Air When Protester Interrupts CBS Reporter
- ‘The Wind Just Blew Me Over. We’re Gonna Throw it Back to You Guys’
- KARE Anchor Walks Off Set After Hearing Snow in Forecast
- David Letterman Announces His Retirement from the Late Show
- After Jimmy Kimmel Makes Makes Fun of Him, KTLA Reporter Fights Back
- Unicorn Appears in Jacksonville Reporter’s Live Shot
- KCEN Waco’s Unfortunate Fact of Life: Tragedies
- KWTX Goes Long With Promo For News Special
- 2014 Texans Cheerleader Tryouts (Video/Photos)
- Dale Hansen Bobblehead
Former KLOL jock plans return to radio from home in Cypress
Former Rock 101 KLOL radio jock and current gun store owner Jim Pruett announced on Facebook Sunday that he and Colonel St. James will be returning to the airwaves within the month on a small FM station based near Cypress.
No-knock policy bars TV station staff from rapping on crime suspects’ doors
KTRK abc13 is telling its staff not to knock on the doors of crime suspects.
- Houston News Director adopts “no knock” policy for reporters chasing criminal suspects
2013 Texas APME Awards List
The Texas Associated Press Managing Editors presented its 2013 journalism awards
WFAA documentary 'Rise Up, West' debuts almost a year after blast
Around 1,000 people attended the debut of the WFAA documentary "Rise Up, West" on Sunday afternoon. The 66-minute story chronicles the journey of the West High School football team in the months after the April 17, 2013 fertilizer plant explosion that killed 15 people in the Central Texas town.
Radio's Donna McKenzie joins UH performance
Audiences are used to hearing Donna McKenzie's voice precede songs by rock n' roll legends. Soon, her silky vocals will narrate a special concert dedicated to the founders of American popular music. McKenzie is teaming up with the University of Houston's Moores Jazz Orchestra to present "The Great American Songbook" on April 16. The concert will celebrate the works of Cole Porter, George Gershwin, Jerome Kern and Harold Arlen. McKenzie will deliver narration in between numbers to offer insight on each composer and his work while projected images will transport audiences back to the early 20th century for a glimpse at America's past.
Astros file another appeal in CSN Houston case
The Astros are appealing a second case to U.S. District Judge Lynn Hughes, this time involving the civil lawsuit filed against Comcast and former Astros owner Drayton McLane.
Univision to host two new English channels this fall
Katz Broadcasting will be launching two new channels, female-skewed Escape and male-oriented Grit, this summer on Univision 45 KXLN.
Former Fox 7 anchor joins PR agency
Former Fox 7 anchor Keri Bellacosa has landed a new gig.
Zack & Jim extension
The popular Zack & Jim radio team on “Waco 100” will have another three years to keep morning motorists entertained.
Texas’ Waco Tribune-Herald names editor
Steve Boggs has been named editor of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
Edd Hendee is leaving KSEV 700.
Kristen Guilfoos joins KBTX in Bryan, Texas, as morning anchor.
APPRECIATION Of BOOTED NEWS WOMEN BLOG
- Jennifer Reyna Gives Winter The Boot In Houston
- Katherine Whaley Springs In To Action
- Box Top Boots For Rita Garcia In Houston
- Amanda Guerra Wears Black Suede In Big D
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Natasha Barrett joins KTRK abc13 from WJLA Washington DC
- Mary Benton returns to KPRC feeling 100%
- Simon Gutierrez exits KTRK abc13 for KPTV Portland
- Brian Collister exits KTRK abc13 for KXAN
- Where is Fox 26 KRIV's Andrea Watkins?
- Adela Uchida joins News 92 FM KROI
- KWTX and KBTX team up for Afghanistan war coverage
- Telemundo Houston signs with the undead