- King's X singer dUg Pinnick talks health scare and new projects
- Newscaster Swallows Rope of Her Own Snot on Live TV
- WPBF Anchor Drops ‘S’ Bomb
- WFAA's Cynthia Izaguirre gets punked
- Dale Hansen Gets Auto-Tuned And It Made Me Smile
- F-bomb dropped on 'Today,' shocks Kathie Lee
- Brian Williams Raps "Rapper's Delight"
- This Traffic Reporter's Daughter Has Made Him Listen To 'Let It Go' A Few Too Many Times
- Camera error on BBC News
- Danger at 11! News Teases from 1985
- NBC 5 KXAS PM Connected
- Can you hear me now?
Texas TV sweeps February 2014 results
- Fox4/NBC5 skate to local newscast golds in Olympics-skewed February "sweeps"
- Fox 4 KDFW February 2014 sweeps Highlights
- KPRC 2 declares big wins in February 2014 sweeps
- Univision 45 KXLN Houston February 2014 sweeps victories
- Fox 26 KRIV & My20 KTXH February 2014 sweeps highlights
- WOAI takes prime-time gold, but KSAT No. 1 for news
Tanya Eiserer Leaves Dallas Morning News
Tanya Eiserer Leaves Dallas Morning News for WFAA.
As her retirement nears, Gloria Campos looks back
When Gloria Campos came to work for WFAA-TV (Channel 8) in 1984, she recalls, construction cranes were everywhere. Dallas was growing and on the move — in business development, for sure, but especially in population and diversity.
DallasBlack.Com Keeps Plagiarizing Local News Sites
Dallas police made an arrest on suspicion of setting up at least two Craigslist robberies. The news first appeared Tuesday on WFAA's website. An hour later, DallasBlack.com had the story.
DFW media team up for right to know
In recent weeks, newspapers in Fort Worth and Dallas and the region’s four TV stations affiliated with the major broadcast networks did something they’ve never done before, they worked together to help protect open records and open hearings in the Texas judicial system.
Houston Chronicle explains its 'Oh cum on' blog post
“Tasty or tasteless?” a Texas reader asked me in an email about a Houston Chronicle blog post headlined, “Oh, cum on.” (First sentence: “Jizz seems to be on everyone’s lips lately!”)
Buttocks steal show during Mardi Gras news report
KPRC-TV reporter Samantha Ptashkin joined an exclusive club when a man's bare buttocks made an auspicious debut behind her during a live shot directly from Galveston's Mardi Gras celebrations.
60 years ago: A Houston hoax is born
On the front page of the Feb. 24, 1954, Houston Post was an odd one. Word got out from puzzled employees at Channel 2 (KPRC) that between September 1953 and January 1954, the station had received letters from England indicating that their televisions had picked up signals from KLEE. Accompanying the letters were photographs identifying KLEE’s call letters.
Sam Malone on YouTube
The Sam Malone Show on AM 1070 The Answer can now be viewed worldwide LIVE on YouTube. If you miss it between 7am-10am CST, you can watch it later on demand. YouTube is part of the show's multi-platform broadcast strategy. The show tells me it was the first to deliver a radio show LIVE on Facebook. The Sam Malone Show can also be heard on iHeartRadio.com, TuneIn.com, www.AM1070TheAnswer.com and viewed on Phonoscope Cable Channel 11.
CSN Houston updates
Creditors’ list compiled, Rockets want their money, Astros file appeal brief
- CSN Houston bankruptcy case turns to day-to-day matters, including employees’ paychecks
- Judge: Astros, Rockets and Comcast should focus more on network and less on lawsuits
Radio executive Gow has Kickstarter campaign for sports media training program
Radio executive David Gow, whose Gow Media company owns KGOW (1560 AM) and KFNC (97.5 FM) and Yahoo! Sports Radio, has launched a Kickstarter funding campaign to create a sports media “training camp” for would-be broadcasters.
S.A. radio, TV notables rally ’round ailing broadcast pal
Lisa Gonzales Kerkez, who was known as the bubbly “Lisa-Lisa” on KTFM’s popular morning show of the ’80s and who recently was hit by the double whammy of breast cancer and a serious heart problem, said she has been overwhelmed by the support from names she worked alongside so long ago.
S.A. anchors get 'serious': more glasses, less hair
San Antonio's anchorwomen are getting more and more serious — at least that's what their outward appearance on the TV news tells us.
KLBJ-FM shuffling its DJ lineup
KLBJ-FM is shuffling its DJ lineup.
The Trouble with the Trib
The Texas Tribune was supposed to be the best new idea to save journalism. Instead, it is destroying it. What believers hoped was going to be a watchdog has turned into a lapdog by taking big dollars from lobbyists and corporations.
KSAT12 remembers longtime news director
Jim Boyle led San Antonio news team for 29 years.
Former Texas Station Owner Roy Elsner Dies
Texas radio station owner ROY Elsner died Friday.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Houston radio's winners and losers in crazy January
- Two former Fox 26ers striving to reinvent TV news
- Gloria Campos to retire from WFAA; Cynthia Izaguirre to replace
- Maria Corrales joins Fox 26 from Univision 45
- Where is Jose Grinan of FOX 26?
- Gunshots fired at KTRK abc13 studios
- Vicente Arenas jumps to CBS News from KHOU
- Dominique Sachse tattoo?
- Michelle Merhar due in July with baby boy
- KUHT, KUHF and KUHA launch new Houston Public Media website
- 'The Dwight Howard Show' Debuts March 4 on CSN