- Watch This CNN Reporter Get High From Reporting On Colorado's Pot Industry
- [NSFW] Regional Sports Network Shows Fake Cubs Mascot in All His Drawn Glory
- Arian Foster's Driveway Meltdown on Fox 26's Isiah Carey
- KILT 610 Houston - Country Format (1984)
- 610 KILT Houston - Music (1975)
- KHMX (Mix 96.5) Houston - Jingles (90's)
- 104 KRBE Houston - "Hottest Hits" (1985)
- Vintage Houston Oilers Jingle by K I L T Radio (1961)
- K I L T 610 Houston - Aircheck (1961)
- KHOU 11 News at Noon Close + Gannett ID (HD), 2014
- Mix 96.5 Houston - TV Commercials (90's)
Mark Hayes out as NBC5's early morning co-anchor
After less than two years with NBC5, weekday early morning co-anchor Mark Hayes is no longer with the Fort Worth-based station.
Joangel Concepcion Joins Dallas FOX Station
KDFW has announced Joangel Concepcion is joining the Dallas-Fort Worth FOX owned station as a general assignment reporter.
Last one out
Amanda Salinas leaves CW33 for morning anchor job in Austin
Gannett Names New Broadcasting Team
David Lougee, president of Gannett Broadcasting, welcomed the newly acquired Belo stations to his company’s fold and announced a new executive team.
Former Belo exec goes to Tribune
Kathy Clements, former senior VP of media operations at Belo, has been named chief operating officer at Tribune’s broadcasting division.
Mako Sells Dallas Independent KATA For $5.8 Million
Philip Hurley part of group acquiring Soul of the South station
Winners & Losers at NancyWorld
A big shakeup is underway at the Houston Chronicle
Johnny Carson’s secret life in Houston
Long before Letterman and Leno delivered their first monologues, Johnny Carson reigned as the undisputed king of late night television, one of the most famous celebrities of his era. So maybe it’s hard to believe a celebrity of his magnitude kept a big secret about a big investment in Houston.
Rodas moves to Telemundo Houston
Juan José Rodas has left KAKW-62, the Univision O&O in Austin. He starts a new job as a news reporter for KTMD- 47, Telemundo’s O&O in Houston.
Talk show host Fred Davis out at KILT, station says
Fred Davis, co-host of KILT’s (610 AM) nighttime sports talk show with former NFL linebacker Ted Johnson, is no longer with the station, KILT’s program director said.
December radio ratings
Audience down from 2012, but good midday push for KILT and KBME shows
Bill Brown named top Texas sportscaster for 2013
Astros television play-by-play announcer Bill Brown was named as Texas sportscaster of the year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.
Once locally banned, Rapper Trae brings Tha Truth back to the Houston Airwaves
Spoon’s rare KTRU radio session from 1997
San Antonio weatherman says MLK slur was mistake
A San Antonio weatherman apologized Thursday for using a “racially insensitive” term while referencing Martin Luther King Jr. Day during KABB FOX 29's morning broadcast.
- Channel 29 Takes Heat for Weatherman's 'Racially Insensitve' Comment
- KABB issues apology after meteorologist says 'racially insensitive' term on air
San Antonio is less Wild and more Precious
Clear Channel Rhythmic CHR “Wild 105.7” K289BN/101.9 KQXT-HD2 San Antonio has flipped to Regional Mexican “La Preciosa 105.7“.
Brian Gann To Program WOAI, KTKR
CCCM+E/San Antonio has appointed Brian Gann as Program Director of News/Talk WOAI-AM (News Radio 1200) and Sports KTKR-AM (Ticket 760), effective January 30, according to radio-online.com.
New morning anchor joins Fox 7 on Jan. 20
KDAF's Amanda Salinas is set to join Fox 7 KTBC on Jan. 20 as co-anchor of “Good Day Austin.” In addition, she’ll also appear on the station’s noon newscast.
Sorry, sports fans
The music is here to stay on 104.9 KTXX-FM in Austin.
KEYE planning lifestyle program
KEYE appears to be gearing up to tweak its daytime lineup by adding a lifestyle program to the mix.
Flores named GM Telemundo McAllen
José Flores, news director of KXTX Telemundo 39 in Dallas, is moving up the management ranks. He has been named General Manager of KTLM-39 Telemundo McAllen.
Texas’ Lubbock Avalanche Journal names editor in chief
James Bennett has been named editor in chief of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
Longtime radio host Larry Monroe dies at 71
Larry Monroe, a longtime voice on Austin radio, has passed away. Monroe worked for nearly 30 years as a host and DJ at KUT Radio.
APPRECIATION Of BOOTED NEWS WOMEN BLOG
- Nerissa Knight GETS IT RIGHT!!
- ALEX WEHRLEY KEEPS OUR FANTASTIC FRIDAY IN OVERDRIVE!!!
- Latoya Silmon Waves Good Morning From Dallas
- ONE OF THESE DAYS THESE BOOTS ARE GONNA WALK ALL OVER YOU!!!
- Jennifer Reyna Is The Latest HIGHLIGHT IN HOUSTON!!!!
- Rita Garcia Is On The Purple And Black Attack
- Deborah Duncan Is Causing Heart Attacks In Houston With Her Great Grey Leather Thigh High Boots
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Comcast SportsNet Houston gets in live music business
- Atom Smasher ready to shake things up at Mix 96.5 KHMX
- Alex Luster of 'Stick 'Em Up!' fame leaves KTRK abc13
- Who were the Texas TV and radio mover and shakers of 2013?
- Dallas News Talk: DFW 1190AM adds Rodney Anderson
- Adela Uchida gone from abc13 KTRK with expanded weekend news on the way?
- WWE Hall of Fame Inductee Booker T's Reality of Wrestling to debut on KUBE 57
- Texas media deaths of 2013
- Houston’s 50 Most Influential Women of 2013 include TV stars
- KHOU gets hour weekend 10pm news too
- Damali Keith: New Fox 26 KRIV weekend morning reporter & other stuff
- Michael Berry says show will not hurt his wife's Texas Secretary of State role
- Houston pastry chef to star on TLC's 'Bakery Boss'
- The Bert Show joins 102.9 NOW KDMX mornings
- Rod Rice stepping down from 88.7 KUHF
- February TV sweeps story ideas 2014