- Dallas anchors caught on camera during WX report
- Explosion Near KIII Studio Rocks Morning Newscast
- TV Anchors Make Terrible Error in Asiana Air Reporting
- Reporter's Hilarious Tips To Avoid Bear Attacks
- Did a News Station Accidentally Broadcast a Floating Dead Body?
- News Anchors In Way Over Their Heads
- The Little Girl Dancing on the News
- News Reporter Unwittingly Draws a Penis While Talking About Men At Work
- Bob Allen launches new KHOU sports show: KHOU 11 Sports Extra
Radio's Kidd Kraddick has died
Texas and the nation is still in shock over the death of radio and TV host Kidd Kraddick. Houston radio folks talk to mikemcguff.com about what he meant to radio and them personally.
WFAA8 tabs Colleen Coyle for major role on new 4 p.m. newscast and sets a start date
The picture is getting clearer for WFAA8’s first-ever 4 pm. weekday newscast.
KCLE Fort Worth Flips To ESPN Radio
1460 KCLE Burleson/Fort Worth/93.1 K226BM Cleburne will drop its Classic/Texas Country format and debut a schedule that will compliment ESPN’s 103.3 KESN Allen/Dallas.
CBS Flips Mega 107.5 Dallas
“Mega 107.5” KMVK Dallas has flipped to Regional Mexican “La Grande 107.5“.
Former WFAA reporter is one of Al Jazeera America’s first anchors
When Jonathan Betz announced he was leaving WFAA-Channel 8 in late May after five years, he said only that he was going to New York City.
June PPM Analysis For Houston
For the sixth straight month – which happens to cover the entirety of 2013 – RADIO ONE Top 40/R KBXX (THE BOX) was the supreme commander of the market.
Where is KPRC 2's Bill Balleza?
Lot's of people are asking where has KPRC Local 2 Bill Balleza been? If you followed me on Facebook, you found out last week.
Appreciation of BOOTED NEWS WOMEN Blog
- Chita Johnson Shows Us That Katherine Whaley Is Wearing Boots
- DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS AND DON'T MESS WITH THE FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST GIRLS!!!
- THERE Is A CURE For The SUMMER TIME BLUES! It's Holly Morgan In Boots!
Frank Billingsley profiled
Blogger Mike McGuff once referred to KPRC-TV Channel 2’s chief meteorologist as the Anderson Cooper of local television. Some viewers may have known he was gay, but most probably didn’t—and didn’t care.
- KPRC 2's Frank Billingsley weds partner of 17 years
The Stevens and Pruett Ranch begins stirring again
In 1980, Houston radio “gawds” Mark Stevens and Jim Pruett of KLOL fame founded the Stevens and Pruett Ranch, a 38-acre facility on County Road 59 near Texas 288.
Houston’s RFC Media is tapped once again to design, produce and execute Outside Lands Radio from San Francisco and Seattle’s Bumbershoot Radio this festival season. There’s nothing else quite like it anywhere in streaming digital media. Content is king once again as legendary music hosts Cruze and Donna Mackenzie light the fuse on live radio entertainment streaming anytime/anywhere from TuneIn (tunein.com.) Alert others of your kind to the listening experience that puts you front row center for Rock’s biggest summer ever.
Astros Post Worst TV Ratings of Any MLB Team Since 2008
The third straight awful season for the Astros coupled with the lack of a deal with cable providers to carry CSN Houston has made for abysmal television ratings for the team.
Houston TV station signs up for Digital Scout’s real-time sports scores
High school sports fans in Houston will be able to track scores in real time this fall thanks to a new agreement between Columbus’ Digital Scout and NBC television affiliate KPRC.
KIAH-TV Honored for Excellence in Community Service
The Texas Association of Broadcasters has honored KIAH-TV/CW39 with the 2013 Bonner McLane Public Service Award for its outstanding community service contributions.
July ratings a sweep for KSAT-TV news
KSAT-TV newscasts finished in first place across the board in the July ratings period, which ran from June 27 through Wednesday.
WOAI-TV launches new website
WOAI-TV has launched a new, video-intensive website, News4SA.com, which finally distinguishes the NBC affiliate's online presence from that of WOAI radio.
KSAT anchor opening coffee shop
Rosella Coffee Co. is a project by KSAT-TV weekend anchor Charles Gonzalez. The 36-year-old hopes to open the coffee shop in a portion of a converted warehouse, 203 E. Jones Ave., in October.
Thickness of Castro’s skin called into question by Houston TV station’s blog
The “Newsfix” blog — apparently part of Houston’s KIAH-TV — definitely isn’t a fixture within the media that cover Alamo City Mayor Julian Castro. But the bloggers over there decided to enter the fray this week after a dust-up over a racist tweet made infamous when retweeted by Castro.
99.7 Amarillo Is Fun
After stunting for a few weeks with an all female “Divas” microformat, 99.7 KBZD Amarillo has flipped to Hot AC “Fun 99.7“.
RIP KCOH Disc Jockey Stevie Goodtime T
Longstanding KCOH radio personality Steven Reginald Talton, known on-air as Stevie Goodtime T, passed of cancer complications.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- NewsFix creator Lee Abrams launches TOUCHVISIONsm - is this NewsFix 2.0?
- Mary Lee to leave KPRC 2 for California
- Jeff McShan leaves KHOU for Harris County District Attorney's Office PIO gig
- Is Houston big enough for two Kevin Quinn's?
- Univision 45 most watched TV station in Houston for July 2013 sweeps
- Has Houston beat Dallas in the big Texas rivalry? 273 reasons why
- Gary Striewski leaves KPRC for NESN
- KHOU and News 92 FM team up in coverage