- VIDEO: Guy Jumps Out of Window in Background of WCBS Live Shot
- KTLA morning news anchor Jessica Holmes gets soaking wet
- Weatherman "hijacks" deliveryman on live TV
- Conan O’Brien: KTLA Morning Team Is the Reason ‘China Is Kicking Our Ass’
- Compilation of World War II Radio Broadcasts: Part 1
- Fire Department shuts down reporter's BBQ
Gow Communications, owner of 1560 AM, to purchase ESPN radio affiiate 97.5 FM
David Gow’s Gow Communications, which owns KGOW (1560 AM) and Yahoo Sports Radio, has signed a letter of intent to purchase KFNC (97.5 FM) and is expected to continue to operate the FM station as an ESPN Radio affiliate.
Christian Radio Group Buys 103.7 FM
KHJK 103.7, the station known as "Houston's Adult Alternative" and the only place on Houston commercial radio to hear artists such as Mumford & Sons and the Avett Brothers, has been sold to a group of Christian-music radio stations.
Mark Davis returning to DFW radio on KSKY
Mark Davis, whose talk show was taken off the air in early April after 18 years at WBAP/820 AM/96.7 FM and ultimately replaced, will return to the air June 4 with a 7-10 a.m. show on KSKY/660 AM, which can also be heard on 99.9 FM in Fort Worth, 95.5 FM in Arlington and 92.9 FM in Dallas.
Staff shake up at Houston Chronicle
Cision's Media Updates reports Brad Lehman, the sports editor at the Houston Chronicle, will leave the paper. Current online sports editor, Nick Mathews, will take over. Randy Harvey will join the paper on June 8 as a sports columnist from the LA Times.
- Why Can't Houston Media Actually Employ People from Houston?
Buffolino reveals story behind departure from KENS
Former KENS-TV anchorwoman Vicki Buffolino, a favorite of local viewers for nearly two decades, has had an inordinately tough year. Plus, reporter Noelle Gardner leaves KENS 5 too.
KXAN accused of racial discrimination, libel in 2 separate suits
Austin's NBC affiliate has been hit with a pair of lawsuits. One accuses KXAN of racial discrimination; the other alleges the station aired a libelous report.
Chris Arnold, Jane Slater added to The Fan’s roster
Some have been wondering for a few months who’d replace Josh Lewin as Mark Elfenbein’s sidekick on 105.3 The Fan? It's WFAA 8 traffic reporter Jane Slater.
- 105.3 The Fan Now Unofficially Officially The Best-Looking Radio Station In America
Scott Murray joins weekend lineup on KLIF-AM 570 in Dallas
KLIF-AM 570 announced the addition of broadcaster Scott Murray to its weekend lineup: The Scott Murray Show will debut on Sunday at 7 p.m. to focus on "difference-makers, athletes, entertainers, and other individuals who give back to the local community."
ABC Owned Stations Aim to Wake-Up Viewers
Launches new free Alarm Clock app in Houston, with launches in all of its eight markets planned by mid-June.
How To Make Social Media A Revenue Stream
KHOU, Belo’s CBS affiliate in Houston, is developing a social strategy to align with its business goals.
Adam Clanton, the Jim Rome-Impersonating Sports Guy from Channel 2
Adam Clanton, the weekend sports anchor, reporter and producer, arrived in Houston at the age of eight. He grew up here, went to college at Sam Houston State University right up the road in Huntsville and interned at KILT 610 AM before getting a job at Channel 2.
- Listen To The Real Jim Everett Berate Fake Jim Rome
10 Questions with...Trevin On The Radio aka Trevin Smith
Trevin On The Radio aka Trevin Smith IS Nights, Specialty Show, Production AT 101 KROX in Austin.
Funeral for Belo executive who died in motorcycle crash
Tim Benners, 46, was the director of technology for security compliance at Belo Corp., the parent company of WFAA.
KEYE ending ‘We Are Austin Live,’ adding 5 p.m. newscast
KEYE will tweak its afternoon lineup next month. The station plans to scrap its 4 p.m. “We Are Austin Live” show and, at the same time, revive its 5 p.m. newscast, which was nixed about three years.
Joe Bickett Wraps Up Long Run at FOX 7 Morning Show Amid Accolades and Good Cheer
Joe Bickett has run through five co-anchors, two meteorologists, four news directors and four general managers in 18 years on FOX 7’s morning news beat.
You Can Change the Channel, but Local News Is the Same
SAN ANGELO, Tex. — Call a reporter at the CBS television station here, and it might be an anchor for the NBC station who calls back. Or it might be the news director who runs both stations’ news operations.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KHOU 11 bets on Drew Karedes from KTNV Las Vegas
- KTRK 13's Dave Ward: "They’ll probably carry me out of here feet first"
- Nnete departs 97.9 The Box KBXX Madd Hatta Morning Show
- Fox 4 KDFW hires Calvert Collins from KLAS
- Fox 4 KDFW claims number 1 in DFW May 2012 sweeps
- Fox 26 KRIV number 1 newscasts May 2012 sweeps
- Texas TV May 2012 sweeps ratings roundup
- KHOU 11 growing viewers in May 2012 sweeps
- KTRK 13's Andy Cerota going to KPRC 2?