- Ron Burgundy News Prank Gets WGBA Meteorologist (Thanks Murdock)
- KTLA’s Weatherman Throws A Fit When There’s Not Enough Time For His Forecast
- Hot Anchorwoman blooper FAIL
- Traffic reporter accidentally walks in front of camera
- KHOU 11 News 2011 Year Ender
- KEYE 2011 Year In Review
WFAA's Dale Hansen talks about being molested as a child
In an emotional segment on WFAA/Channel 8, sports anchor Dale Hansen, led to speak out by the Penn State scandal, revealed that he had been sexually molested when he was 10 years old.
- Dale Hansen talks about reaction to his revelation that he was molested
KILT (610 AM) will end Rome's 14-year run with station
Jim Rome, whose hard-edged, opinionated talk show has been a fixture on KILT (610 AM) for almost 14 years, will be dropped by the CBS Radio all-sports station after Friday’s show after more than a year of declining ratings.
- Disappointed Rome to Houston fans: ‘Don’t give up on me’
Former KPRC reporter's website heals the brokenhearted
Former KPRC Local 2 reporter Elizabeth "Ellie" Scarborough's website Pink Kisses.
WFAA8 looking for new news director after Michael Valentine's promotion to corporate position
Dallas-based WFAA8 has begun the search for a new news director with the promotion of Michael Valentine to a corporate position, station sources tell unclebarky.com.
Former KXAS Reporter Says Media Bias Is Reason He’s Running for Congress
Former KXAS reporter Grant Stinchfield says a major reason he’s now running for Congress is because he got tired of dealing with bias in the media.
And to all a good night: D-FW's list of 2011 TV departures
Uncle Barky's annual alphabetical list of on-camera D-FW news people who left their stations by choice or otherwise.
Get that camera out of my face - it's illegal for you to video tape me
Fox 26 KRIV photographer Torrey Walker heard it on Monday. Isiah Carey AKA The Insite was told it last Thursday. What did they hear? People who were clearly in the public told us as members of the news media it was illegal for us to video tape them in a public place.
Exclusive December PPM Analysis: Houston
CLEAR CHANNEL AC KODA bested RADIO ONE Top 40/Rhythmic KBXX to assume the #1 ranking in HOUSTON for DECEMBER P6+.
Houston's top 20 sports talk personalities of 2011
Houston Media Watch breaks it down.
Austin TV vacancies to be filled
Change was a constant at local TV and radio stations in 2011. Look for a number of vacant spots to be filled in coming weeks, including new reporters at KEYE, KVUE and KXAN. KXAN is also searching for weekday morning and weekend morning anchors.
Walton and Johnson in Austin
KKRW 93.7 The Arrow's Walton and Johnson have picked up Talk Radio 1370 AM KJCE as an affiliate.
Craig James exits ESPN to run for US Senate
Former SMU football star turned ESPN analyst Craig James made it official and filed to run in the Texas Republican Primary for U.S. Senate on April 3.
P-N's Frank: Local Nielsen Problems 'Severe'
Alan Frank, president of the six-station Post-Newsweek group (including KPRC and KSAT), says that he has expanded his use of the Rentrak set-to-box viewing data because his problems with the local Nielsen services are "extraordinary and severe." He may not renew his Nielsen contract, he says.
WFAA, WSB, WTVF Honored with duPont Awards
The duPont jury has announced 14 winners of the Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Awards, including four local news stations. WFAA-TV in Dallas/Ft. Worth will be honored for a series of investigative reports about corrupt practices at local trade school.
New Mom Sally Hernandez Back at the KXAN-TV Morning Anchor Desk
Sally Hernandez has returned to her familiar spot anchoring the KXAN-TV morning and Noon newscasts following three months maternity leave.
Celina Avila to take the airwaves in California
Former KVIA reporter Celina Avila will return to the airwaves in the new year at KESQ, the ABC affiliate in Palm Springs, Calif.
KTSM's Porter leaving next month
KTSM reporter and former weekend anchor Kai Porter will say goodbye to El Paso next month. His last day at the station is Jan. 8.
Friends Solicit Donations For Allen McGee's Survivors
Friends and acquaintances of TOWNSQUARE MEDIA Rock KKTX (96X)/TYLER, TX afternoon-drive host ALLEN MCGEE are coming to the aid of his surviving family and children.
Former KTRK 13 digital sales account executive Hector Garcia moves to KPRC 2 in the same role. His role at Power Radio will diminish.
- NBC Sports Network gets into game
- Winfrey: Dedicated to OWN despite rocky first year
- JERRY SANDUSKY CASE NBC Correspondent Arrested Courting Exclusive Interview
- Telemundo To Deliver Best Primetime Ratings Performance In Network History In 2011
- Viral video of anchor raises new questions
- In Beck’s Shadow, Rise of ‘The Five’
- New Day Dawns for CNN Mornings
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Your Station’s Facebook Page
- Internet distributors are changing the TV syndication game
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KXAS NBC5 reporter Kimberly King leaves station
- Reporter gets biggest story of all time
- KHOU 11 grabs Rekha Muddaraj from KFMB San Diego
- Top mikemcguff.com posts for 2011
- KTRK 13 reporter Cynthia Cisneros becomes VP