- KTRK anchor says bring out the thongs
- TV Reporter: Congratulations on your big hooters
- Anchors Thumb Wrestle During Newscast
- Anchor Falls Out of Chair During Morning Newscast
- Chuck Todd Flips The Bird On Live 'Morning Joe'
- Blooper: KDFW 4 Newscast Toy Demo Backfires
KMBC Reporter Marcus Moore Headed to WFAA
Marcus Moore will join WFAA, the ABC-affiliate in Dallas, according to Bottom Line Communications.
WFAA8 reporter Chris Hawes leaves station
Reporter Chris Hawes, a significant presence on WFAA8's late night newscasts for the past several years, has left the Dallas-based station.
Dallas NBC OandO updates set, debuts new graphics
KXAS-TV 5, the NBC OandO based in Dallas, recently debuted an updated set along with a new graphics package.
Catenya McHenry Gone
According to Catenya McHenry’s Facebook page, she’s gone as the weekend morning anchor and everything else at KXAN TV says Jim McNabb.
- The Mysterious Case of the Disappearing TV News People
KABB sportscaster heading to Top 10 market
KABB's Darren M. Haynes will be leaving San Antonio January 23 and will be anchoring and reporting at NBC's WHDH in Boston.
KXAN, KTBC bump some of KVUE's morning, afternoon newscasts from No. 1
The end of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" has Central Texans changing their television viewing patterns, allowing newscasts on KXAN and KTBC to grab more viewers than KVUE — the longtime home for the "Queen of Daytime" — in some key head-to-head time slots during the November ratings period.
103.7 is winning fans with its "adult alternative" format says the Houston Press.
Chron's Richard Justice Leaves for New Job
Richard Justice, the Houston Chronicle sports columnist who might have the highest profile at the paper, is leaving after 11 years to write for MLB.com, the online service of Major League Baseball.
Robin Whitmeyer Named ND at KDFW
Robin Whitmeyer has been named VP-news director of Fox O&O KDFW Dallas (DMA 5).
Lewis Named KTBC Austin GM
Mike Lewis was named vice president and general manager of Fox-owned KTBC Austin, assuming the post immediately. Lewis had been vice president and general sales manager at Fox's KRIV-KTXH Houston.
Houston Chronicle freelance reporters needed
The Houston Chronicle's neighborhood sections are seeking locally based freelance reporters to cover news, issues and events.
Heath bids KENS farewell
KENS weekend anchorman Christopher Heath did his last S.A. newscast Sunday and is preparing for a new TV news job in Dayton, Ohio. He's expected to start soon as a main anchor on the city's ABC affiliate.
Morning radio show host Bob Cole no longer with KVET
One of Austin's best-known radio personalities is gone from the city's airwaves. Clear Channel-owned country station KVET 98.1 FM and longtime morning host Bob Cole confirmed that they've parted ways.
KLRN San Antonio Doubles Its Power
Noncommercial KLRN San Antonio, Texas (DMA 36), received FCC approval to increase its broadcast power.
Time Warner Cable Drops KRIS, CW, KDF, KAJA
The station's agreement with Time Warner to carry KRIS-NBC, The CW South Texas, KDF, and KAJA-Telemundo has expired.
Cumulus names King as Dallas operations director
Jerry King has been appointed by Atlanta-based Cumulus Media Networks as director of operations for Dallas, the company announced.
Radio One Responds, But Is It What the Community Wants?
The Houston Forward Times has received the response that we, along with many other community leaders had been waiting for from Radio One and its’ CEO Alfred Liggins.
HoustonPress.com Gets a New Home Page
If you've gone to HoustonPress.com recently, you may have found yourself confused.
Reporter arrested for alleged DWI
The El Paso Times reports KFOX reporter Ric Dupont was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
ESPN's Craig James to Run for U.S. Senate In Texas
Craig James, ESPN college football analyst who was personally involved in two ugly college football scandals of varying degrees, is running to replace Kay Bailey Hutchison in the U.S. Senate.
Statesman names new managing editor
The Austin American-Statesman named John Bridges to succeed Debbie Hiott, who was promoted to editor of the newspaper.
Rix Garey Named General Manager Of KFDM
Sinclair Broadcasting announced today that Rix Garey will take over as general manager of KFDM, the CBS-affiliate in Beaumont, Texas.
KLRN San Antonio Doubles Its Power
Noncommercial KLRN San Antonio, Texas (DMA 36), received FCC approval to increase its broadcast power on Nov. 30. Within an hour of receiving approval, KLRN doubled its power.
Texas Watchdog's Jennifer Peebles joins head of Google News, editor-in-chief of Yahoo
First, there were newspapers. Then there was radio, and then TV. And now, in the last 15 years or so, there's the Internet.
EL Paso TV changes
El Paso TV stations KFOX lands reporter Bernadette Flores and KVIA brings in Vanessa de la Viña.
Bobby Bones, Andy Roddick team up for new radio show
KISS-FM Austin morning host Bobby Bones and tennis ace Andy Roddick will talk all things entertainment, pop culture and sports each Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio.
- AP Launches Strategy To Go Beyond Breaking News, Become More 'Distinct'
- Donald Trump Pulls Out as Newsmax/Ion TV GOP Debate Moderator
- Oh no! Oprah Winfrey's new network is struggling
- Nate Berkus Show Not Returning for Third Season
- 'Dallas' Returns To City It Made Famous
- Manuel Abud Named President of Telemundo Stations
- Univision Radio Once Again Delivers Strong Ratings in Major Markets
- Executives at Struggling OWN Consider Changing Course
- NBC Sports Network Plans a Long Game Against ESPN
- George Stephanopolous will replace Christiane Amanpour as host of ABC's This Week
- BBC World News to Be Available Through Comcast
- Cable-TV Honchos Cry Foul Over Soaring Cost of ESPN
- IAB: Mobile Shopping Runs High In Houston
- A Shopper’s Companion, Still Going Strong
- The Naked Retweet Dilemma
- Waze Brings Crowdsourced Social Traffic Data To Local Broadcast Stations
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Where is KHOU 11's David Paul?
- KTRK 13's Casey Curry becoming UH professor?
- PICS: KTRK 13 anchor Dave Ward's 45 year party
- Houston City Hall campaigns for KPRC 2's Mary Benton
- NASA.gov gets alternative online radio through RFC Media
- KHOU 11 morning promos hit the Houston streets
- Fox 26 KRIV grabs KCBS' Rita Garcia for weekend anchor
- KTRK 13 hires fmr. KVUE sports dir. Hugh Lewis
- KHOU 11's Christine Haas writes 'The Ranch: Secrets and Sins'
- KTRK 13 anchors play Santa