- News 8 Daybreak - "Rontourage"
- Brian Williams battles NBC fire alarm ‘Nightly News’
- Brian Williams Will Not Let Jon Stewart Get Away With Mocking the Fire Alarm Incident
- KVIA oops tease last night
- Stephen Colbert Pimps CNN
- Scott Pelley (mustache included) on WFAA
- SNL's Bill Hader as Dateline's Keith Morrison
Former KHOU news director's open heart surgery
Former KHOU 11 news director Keith Connors (currently ND at WTHR Indianapolis) is recovering from a successful open heart surgery. He was diagnosed with a failing heart valve during a routine physical earlier this year
Is Radio One Listening? The Black Community Seeks Answers
While many in the community did not understand or welcome the change from Praise 92.1 to News 92 FM KROI, Radio One Founder Cathy Hughes shed light on the decision.
Ragland arrest is responsibly (but very differently) covered by both Belo entities
Both WFAA8 and The Dallas Morning News commendably haven't tried to hide the arrest of a prominent Metro columnist for the newspaper.
More on Houston's deserts (food, mobility, and journalism)
blogHOUSTON asks what is KTRK's deal with this press release reporting on "food deserts?"
KXAN News moves to #1 station in Austin
According to figures released by Nielsen Station Index, KXAN News has shown significant growth in Central Texas and moved into the No. 1 slot for four of its daily news programs, indicating that viewers prefer to watch the Austin NBC affiliate over other local news shows.
- WFAA beats KTVT in 10 p.m. news slot
Judge dismisses suit over 2 suspect photos
A state district judge has dismissed a lawsuit against the Houston Chronicle and two local television stations brought by two men whose photos were linked to a grocery store robbery in 2010.
Documents shed light on ‘Top Chef’ deal
Producers of Bravo’s “Top Chef: Texas” got a total of $600,000 from the state and the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau for shooting the hit show in Texas, but there were some strings attached.
Joel Osteen, Mark Burnett Partner For Reality Show About Lakewood Church Mission Trips
Houston megachurch leader Joel Osteen will soon be coming to a television near you -- this time as the star of his own reality show.
KVUE’s Noelle Newton Joins Rival Station KTBC
Noelle Newton, an anchor and crime reporter for Austin ABC-affiliate KVUE, is joining rival station KTBC.
Jaramillo to return to El Paso TV
According to KTSM's Facebook page, former KFOX-er Noreen Jaramillo will return to the El Paso airwaves on Dec. 12.
Verizon FiOS and Longhorn Network Launch New Online Service Broadband Service Offers Live Streaming of University of Texas Sports Programming to FiOS TV Customers Nationwide.
- Baylor Football: Highlights vs. Texas
KGOW (1560 AM) shuffles lineup, adds show
KGOW (1560 AM) will move midday talk-show host Sean Pendergast to morning drive time beginning Monday, pairing him with longtime host John Granato, and will add a new midday show featuring Yahoo Sports Radio host Craig Shemon.
Rare look behind the scenes at Fox 26 news in Houston
The nerve center of the newsroom where assignment editors listen to police scanners, take calls and assign reporters.
Hutchings returns home to run Comcast SportsNet Houston
Veteran television executive Matt Hutchings, who began his career with Home Sports Entertainment in Houston in the 1980s, will return to his hometown as president and general manager of Comcast SportsNet Houston.
KUT gearing up for move to new, state-of-the-art studios
Staffers at 90.5 KUT-FM, Austin’s NPR affiliate, will soon move from cramped, windowless studios to new, state-of the-art, bright and airy facilities just across the street.
Post-Newsweek Stations Offer Free Airtime
Candidates for the upcoming 2012 elections will be eligible for free airtime and free Web time in the 30 days preceding the general elections.
- For first time in 20 years, TV ownership declines
- Piers Morgan Logs His Lowest-Rated Month
- Disney Raises Dividend Most in 20 Years
- Disney CEO Iger buys $1 mln worth of Apple stock
- Regis Bows Out Of 'Live' With A Bang
- ABC Daytime President Brian Frons Exiting Network
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KHOU 11's Alex Sanz to WPTV 5
- Lyle Lovett sings for KHOU 11
- Former KPRC 2 reporter for Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector?
- Texas Watchdog party with Mike McGuff
- Mike McGuff on 'Blogging, Here and Now in Houston' panel