- Graphic Promo for WTSP School Invasion Report Draws Criticism
- Reporter knocked down on live TV at haunted house
- Weather Disease Affects Weather Reporting
- Cameraman Fitness Ball FAIL
- Michael Moore to KCNC’s Evrod Cassimy: ‘You’re Just Punk Media’
-- Michael Moore no-shows Occupy Houston: Director too busy signing books & napkins to join protest
- Promo: Typical Morning Show
- Sports Anchor Wins $2-Million Lottery On Air (thanks Will-E)
9th Annual Lone Star EMMY Awards winners 2011
The 9th Annual Lone Star EMMY Awards were held in Houston Saturday night and I am already getting requests for the winner's list. You can see who was nominated for the 9th Annual Lone Star Emmy Awards this year here.
Live from the White House, it’s KTRK
Columbia Journalism Review takes a look at KTRK 13 anchor Dave Ward's trip.
- KTRK 13 anchor Dave Ward to interview Obama and Regis
Oprah spotted at Lakewood Church Sunday; where else was the queen of daytime TV in Houston?
Oprah Winfrey was spotted in the 11 a.m. congregation of Lakewood Church Sunday as part of her in-town interview with pastor Joel Osteen, to air on her new program (on her new network), Oprah's Lifeclass.
Texas Sheriff's office receives weaponizable drone, alarms local news station
The Sheriff's office in Montgomery County, Texas is, and it's really freaking out the local news. KPRC Local 2 News feverishly asks if the Sheriff's new unmanned Shadowhawk helicopter is a safety asset, or a privacy violation.
Live from CW33 studios, Eye Opener gets its early morning game on
Tribune's Eye Opener moves to Dallas, cuts to anchors from original Houston-only show lineup, gets two new anchors and more.
- KIAH 39 to start morning news with Eye Opener; Mia Gradney returns
KBXX Taps Jillian 'JJ' Simmons For Midday
RADIO ONE Top 40/Rhythmic KBXX (97.9 THE BOX)/HOUSTON PD TERRI THOMAS adds JILLIAN "JJ" SIMMONS as the new midday personality. JJ replaces DEVI DEV who left in SEPTEMBER to pursue a career in television and satellite media.
KBXX The Winner In Houston
A 4 month deadlock for dominance has been broken in Houston. Radio One Top 40/Rhythmic KBXX (7.3) bested Clear Channel AC KODA (2nd place with a 6.2) for the top rank.
Journalist comes to work unprepared?
Opinion writer takes Katherine Kisiel of KTBC-TV's "Good Day Austin" to task over WWE wrestler CM Punk interview.
"TV gypsy" Katie Couric laughs, sniffles and charms on her day in the spotlight with M.D. Anderson
The old Katie Couric — the one of the playful, endearing personality of the Today Show that earned her the title America's Sweetheart — was back in full form on Tuesday. As she chatted with CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta on stage at the Hilton Americas-Houston, there was little evidence of the dour-faced Katie of the CBS Evening News desk.
Music Editor Chris Gray Getting Even Better
Houston Press Music Editor Chris Gray, who has been hospitalized since he collapsed at a Metro light rail station on his way to work, suffering an apparent heart attack, has improved enough that doctors are talking about sending him to a rehab facility.
- A Houston Press Benefit for Chris Gray
Billy Madison To Mornings At KISS In San Antonio
As first hinted on ALL ACCESS (NET NEWS 10/25), COX Rocker KISS/SAN ANTONIO welcomes “THE BILLY MADISON SHOW” featuring DEREK ALLGOOD, NARD and CHUBS to the morning drive slot. MADISON was most recently heard on RENDA Top 40 KHTT/TULSA as well as a run at CLEAR CHANNEL Alternative KDGE (102.1 THE EDGE)/DALLAS.
- The Billy Madison Show goes back to Tulsa
- Billy Madison leaves 102.1 The Edge KDGE mornings
Comcast's re-investment in NBC-owned stations is potentially a big story for NBC5's news department
Fort Worth-based NBC5 (KXAS) and the local news departments of nine other NBC owned-and-operated TV stations are finding it's good to be parented by Comcast.
Fox Names KTBC's Mark Rodman GM OF KSAZ
The GM of Fox’s KTBC Austin, Tex., is tapped to lead its Phoenix OandO, succeeding Pat Nevin.
Public TV, radio execs reassigned
John Proffitt, CEO of Houston Public Radio stations KUHF (88.7 FM) and KUHA (91.7 FM), and John Hesse, station manager of KUHT (Channel 8), will leave their jobs as part of the reorganization of the three stations into a new umbrella organization called Houston Public Media, to be headed by KHOU (Channel 11) executive Lisa Trapani Shumate.
KPRC anchors, reporters celebrate Halloween
See the photos.
First livestream for Austin City Limits
It's the 37th season for the popular PBS television show, "Austin City Limits," but the first-ever live streaming of the program online happens Friday night, well before it will be shown on the popular KLRU show in January.
Former KLOL DJ 'Crash' Collins, 69, has died
On the day of the Texas Radio Hall of Fame 2011 inductions, we get the sad news that former Rock 101 KLOL and Z107.5 KZFX talent Maurice "Crash" Collins, 69, has died (Crash was inducted in 2010).
Remembering the men who made the calls
Gordon McClendon established the Liberty Radio Broadcasting System network in 1948 and began broadcasting daily games of Major League Baseball in the 1940s and 50s.
KUHF Conversations: Rick Casey
Rick Casey recently bid farewell to his job as the metro columnist for the Houston Chronicle. He wrote three columns a week for eight years. Casey stopped by the KUHF Studios to reflect on his time in Houston.
- KUHF and KUT to dig deep into environmental reporting
KFOX hires familiar face, KTSM alumn Erika Castillo
KFOX14 is proud to announce the hiring of Erika Castillo as the new primetime anchor.
KEYE’s new owner buying 8 more stations
Sinclair Broadcasting Group, KEYE’s new owner, is on a buying spree such as KFDM in Beaumont.
Erica Rose yearns to be Nancy Grace
Inspired by John O'Quinn & Elle Woods, this reality TV star graduates from the tiara.
In Brownsville, Texas, someone steals and burns the KBFM-FM station van
Police outside of Brownsville are investigating the theft of the KBFM-FM (104.1) station van.
THIRD QUARTER RESULTS
- Radio One, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Results
- Belo reports 7% drop in 3Q revenue
- CBS TV Station 3Q Revenue Falls 6%
- Washington Post 3Q TV Revenue Falls 11%
- News Corp. TV Revenue Climbs 8%
- Clear Channel’s Q3: Up 7%
- Q3 report: Sirius XM subscribers now top 21.3 million
KIAH 39 photographer Mike Sellers is leaving for a job with Lone Star Community College. His last day will be November 11.
Kim Wynne joins CBS Affiliate KGAN as a General Assignment Reporter. KIM who is a graduate of both the University of Southern California and Virginia State University previously worked at the ABC Affiliate in Waco KXXV.
- NBC’s 10 Owned Stations Growing Newsgathering; 130+ New Jobs Planned
- TV mikes catching a rash of cussing incidents
- David Carr: The News Diet Of A Media Omnivore
- College Radio Heads: Off the Dial
- HD Ads Limited In Local Markets, Stations Should Provide More Help
- It's sweeps month. We give you a different reason to yell at your TV during the local news
- Clear Channel Radio Announces New Brand Management Team
- Real People, Fake Tans, True-ish Stories
- Clear Channel’s Bob Pittman explains programming layoffs
- Andy Rooney dies at 92
- The Texas Tribune's Two-Year Stats
- Univision Launches Redesigned Univision.com Homepage to Continue Super-Serving U.S. Hispanics with Interactive Offerings
- ABC: WSJ, NYT Lead Digital Circulation
- Pew: App Use Up Among Cell Phone Owners
- Stations Can Turn Digital Dimes Into Dollars
- Generation App: 62% of Mobile Users 25-34 own Smartphones
- What Facebook’s New Features Mean for Journalists
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- SportsTalk 790's Charlie Pallilo joins KIAH 39's NewsFix
- Belo follows Fox and reaches deal with DirecTV
- KHOU 11 interviews my wife about too much plastic surgery
- KPRC 2 reporter Hasti Taghi leaves station
- Sexy sweeps TV story ideas just in time for November
- New News92 FM KROI, Houston's biggest radio secret emerges
- 89.3 KSBJ's Liz Jordan quits
- KTRK 13 morning anchors becoming bartenders
- KUHT 8 brings Condoleezza Rice to Houston