- VIDEO: Weather girl caught stuffing her face on live TV
- ‘SNL’ Lampoons Local News Satellite Delay
- Anne Hathaway, Paul Rudd 'Jersey Shore' Audition Tape Leaked On 'Conan'
WFAA8's Flanagan leaving while TXA21's newscast gets left behind in favor of sports
Although he hasn't officially signed with his new station yet, WFAA8 management confirmed Monday that Chris Flanagan will be joining Cleveland's WEWS-TV as a featured nighttime news anchor.
Investigative Reporting Outlook Not Bright
One of local TV's most accomplished investigative reporters, WFAA Dallas' Byron Harris believes he may be part of a dying breed as broadcasters fixated on the bottom line keep cutting the people and resources needed for in-depth reporting.
2011 Lone Star EMMY nominees list
The 2011 Lone Star EMMY nominees.
Esther Hobbs, Sept 29, 2011
Esther Hobbs, a Houston public relations executive who established a school for mentally retarded adults, was found dead Thursday in the front yard of her Midtown area home.
KXAS 5 marketing department beefs up
Matt Hopkins joins KXAS 5's Marketing Department as senior designer from the NBC Owned Artworks. Designer Arus Manning joins from KTVT 11 as promo producer/editor. Joey Francks joins as prime-time promotion producer from KTEN in Sherman-Dennison. Adrian Dominguez joins from sister station KXTX Telemundo as promo shooter/editor.
Houston chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists meeting
Meet your fellow Houston journalists, hang out with your new Houston Pro Chapter officers and take advantage of our special membership discount by coming to the chapter happy hour on Oct. 20.
Cumulus cuts staff in Dallas-Ft. Worth
Fallout from combination of Cumulus and Citadel Broadcasting.
Cuban's investment in Rentrak may give WFAA8 additional ammo in its ratings skirmish with Nielsen
WFAA8's concerted push for the new, alternative TV ratings system Rentrak has a notable booster in Mark Cuban.
Ashley Judd coming to Houston
Ashley Judd to attend her ABC-TV red carpet "Missing" series debut 10/3 in Cannes, and 10/21 she'll "star" at @childrenatrisk luncheon at Hotel Zaza. Author Joe Sutton and daughter, Megan Sutton-Reed, are co-chairing luncheon to benefit Children at Risk programs to combat child trafficking, just like Wanda and the Oblahlahs. Reserve your ticket NOW; event almost sold out.
Will the queen of Houston radio become queen of comedy?
If you wake up before 10 am and listen to 97.9 FM then you'll likely know her voice. She is Nnete. She's part of the Madd Hatta Morning show.
Finally, the Hall of Fame for 40-year broadcaster
Dave Jarrott was the Susan Lucci of Texas radio until this year. Nominated 10 times, the veteran Austin broadcaster was finally named to the Texas Radio Hall of Fame this summer.
Rice student gains real-world experience from producing shows at local radio stations
Many radio professionals are in the industry for years before they get to produce their own shows, but not Joelle Zigman. The Brown College senior and classical music aficionada jumped headfirst into radio during her freshman year at Rice University and eventually took on responsibilities for producing shows on KTRU, Rice's student-run radio station, and KUHA, Houston's classical music public radio station.
TV weatherman Dawson entertained viewers with drawings
As a television meteorologist, James Dawson brought creativity to his position by sketching weather themed cartoons that aired at the end of each segment.
Kidd Kraddick's “Hollywood 5” weekend show is added at 40 Cumulus stations
The "5" refers to the five biggest stories out of Hollywood, and the show hosted by Kraddick and Hyla was already on the syndication menu at Cumulus Media (the former Citadel Media).
A Christian comedian, drama king Tony Romo & 610 AM's Robert Henslee are set to collide on MNF
Robert Henslee is the sports director at 610 AM, home of the Houston Texans and one of the power sports radio stations. Yet when a new, unknown, experimental online sports TV network approached him about hosting a weekly three-hour plus Monday Night Football companion show, he didn't hesitate.
Kevin Benz takes over as RTNDA chairman
Kevin Benz takes over the chairmanship from Mark Kraham who served in the role for 17 months, the second-longest term in the association's history.
Ray Villeda will be joining KXAS in Dallas as a reporter from WFSB in Hartford, CT.
- NPR Names ‘Sesame Street’ Executive as Its Leader
- Daytime’s Talking Heads Are Now Eating, Too
- 'Arrested Development' Stars Confirm Plans for Show's TV Return
- Erin Burnett On The Personality Of Her New CNN Program
- Andy Rooney To End Regular ’60 Minutes’ Appearances
- Pandora Releases Latest Local Market Radio Ratings
- Charlie Sheen's legal dispute over 'Two and a Half Men' ends
- Roger’s Reality Show
- MSNBC Is Close to Falling to Third Place in Cable News Ratings
- How people learn about their local community
- CBS' Jeff Fager Gets 'Real' in Keynote
- Univision's 70 stations to join the iHeartRadio platform
- Listening to Sirius XM is up 19% over the past three years
- What Facebook’s latest updates mean for journalists
- Online Home of All My Children, One Life to Live Gets a Name
- Top 20 Games to Watch – Gamers Make Their Holiday Wish Lists
- Friends, Following and Feedback: How We’re Using Social Media
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KPRC 2's Jennifer Reyna promoted to anchor
- Michael Garfield getting killed by James Franco on ABC's General Hospital
- Fox 26 KRIV reporter Andrea Watkins battling breast cancer
- Houston Chronicle iPad
- Houston radio's Weaver Morrow loses cancer battle
- KHOU 11 broadcasting live through app
- Women reverse TV news stereotypes in new book
- Free tacos from Taco Cabana Tuesday