KTRK 13 (ABC) Ident / Timeline 1954 - 2004
Fox4 reporter Matt Grubs ending his tenure at Fox4
Matt Grubs, a low-key, oft-stylistic general assignment reporter for Dallas-based Fox4 KDFW, has decided to leave the station later this summer after a three-year stay.
Ex-KENS vet Albert Flores to do TV weather again. . .on WOAI
One of KENS’ old ‘Power 3’ is returning to local TV!
Top ten qualities of a good News Director
What makes them the person you want to work for or a possible stand-in for those creepy characters standing behind Lord Voldemort in a Harry Potter film.
- Life isn't fair. Broadcasting REALLY isn't fair.
‘Colbert Report’ features Gov. Perry news clip from KXAN
KXAN morning and midday anchor Sally Hernandez got some national exposure Tuesday night on Comedy Central’s “Colbert Report.”
- Time Warner Cable adding KBVO to Channel 7 this week
Attorney For Heidi Jones Files Motion to Dismiss Trial of Former WABC Weathercaster
An attorney for former WABC weathercaster Heidi Jones has filed a motion with the state of New York asking for a dismissal of her trial on a technicality — that too much time has elapsed since her arraignment.
TV news summer sweeps: Subtle changes for the local channels
Sharp-eyed, savvy viewers may already notice the changes at KXAN TV (NBC).
- Broadcast news, what news?: An Austin newscast analysis
Rivera lands job in Austin
Sarykarmen Rivera has joined the Telemundo/KEYE affiliate in Austin. She is anchoring Telemundo’s 5 and 10 pm newscast and will also work for the CBS affiliate.
Cable complaints about poorly-installed lines on the rise
Hundreds of residents each year complain to the City of Houston about their cable TV, and one of the most common complaints may surprise you.
KFOX's new faces
Viewers of Channel 14-KFOX may have recently noticed three new faces reporting the area's news and weather.
- KTSM's new morning anchor
Longhorn Network's plans put on hold
High school telecasts, Big 12 game off for now
- Longhorn Network content has Ags seeing red
- Fox Sports Net to kick off six-hour surge of high school football
UH radio station to focus on environment, energy
KUHF Houston and KUT Austin have been awarded participation in NPR’s latest project, StateImpact, which encourages participating stations to focus on the ways in which “governmental decisions affect citizens in such areas as education, healthcare, business, the environment and jobs,” KUHF said in a press release.
Why Don’t Locals Dare to Be Different?
While national news finally seems to be at least attempting to deal seriously with the differentiation issue, local news appears to be having a harder time with it and for them the stakes are even higher.
KVUE anchor Terri Gruca honored for report on child's brain surgery
The Texas Medical Association presented KVUE anchor Terri Gruca with the Anson Jones Award for in-depth television
- Tabloid Insiders Share Scandalous Details Of Life At Murdoch Papers
- WLS Wields A Powerful New Tool For ENG
- The Hasselhoffs of Hollywood and small town Texas work out an agreeable merger in CBS' Same Name
- Diane Sawyer, Nixonian Drama Queen
- ‘ABC World News’ Moves to Automated Control Room
- Branding: Should journalists build a personal brand?
- Getting a journalism degree, getting a journalism job
- Paris Hilton Walks out on ABC Interview
- Cenk Uyger Talks MSNBC Departure with Keith Olbermann
- Major Advertisers to TV Ad Agencies: You are a Fossil
- "Beavis and Butthead" returning to MTV this fall (video)
- Time Warner launches deals site
- Google+ business accounts delayed
- Is Hulu Boxed In?
- FoxNews.com First, HuffPost Last in Satisfaction Survey
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KHOU 11's TV promo for News at 4 with Len Cannon and Chita Johnson
- Did KPRC 2 anchor desk drive male viewers crazy last weekend?
- New KPRC 2 reporter Irika Sargent knows the law
- KPRC 2 anchor Bill Balleza celebrates 40 TV years
- KPRC 2's new weekend anchor?