Former S.A. television anchor charged with prescription fraud
A former San Antonio television news anchor has been arrested and charged with prescription fraud.
KXAS NBC 5 DFW hires Amanda Guerra and Kimberly King as new reporters
- Veteran investigator Kimberly King joining NBC5
- NBC5 adding Amanda Guerra to reporting staff
Monday starts split of KUHF and KUHA Classical - click for schedule
KUHF News on 88.7 FM will provide all news and information from the KUHF newsroom along
with NPR. Houston’s new classical music station, KUHA Classical 91.7, will serve as a stage for Houston’s classical scene. The two new stations debut Monday morning, on May 16, 2011.
Former KHOU Defender Eileen Faxas Now in Mamma Mia
Eileen Faxas, former KHOU consumer reporter (a.k.a. "Defender") and part-time anchor is back in Houston, where she's currently appearing in the touring version of Mamma Mia! at the Hobby Center.
Meet Morning Radio's "Secret Weapon"
Kellie Rasberry of the "Kidd Kraddick in the Morning" says the secret to her success is telling it like it is.
Matt Thomas of SportsTalk 790 smokes Rome
Houston Media Watch says SportsTalk 790's mid-day Houston guy Matt Thomas smokes the national Jim Rome show.
Dallas/Fort Worth TV Veteran Crome Added to Texas Motor Speedway’s Media Relations Staff
Texas Motor Speedway announced that Dallas/Fort Worth broadcast television veteran Dave Crome (formerly CW 33 KDAF sports director) will join the speedway’s public relations staff as its broadcast media relations manager.
CW33 takes sports department back up to 1 by adding former "Ticket" radio dude Chase Williams
After shaving its sports department down to zero, Dallas-based CW33 will begin rebuilding it from scratch with the addition of Grand Prairie native Chase Williams.
Comicpalooza event set for return to Houston
Houston’s Comicpalooza will expand this year to three days and adds nearly 300,000 square feet to its exhibit space at the George R. Brown Convention Center when the comic book, science fiction and pop-culture event gets under way May 27.
Comcast offering TiVo set-top box with TV, DVR, VOD, web content
They’ve entered into an agreement to enable access to Comcast's library of Xfinity TV On Demand content on TiVo Premiere set-top boxes sold at retail.
Small Fort Bend Paper Hit With $1 Million Libel Verdict on Story About Son of Sheriff's Deputy
The Fort Bend Star, a small publication that covers county events and politics, has been slammed with a million-dollar libel verdict for a story it ran about a sheriff's deputy and his sons.
In news broadcasting, the son also rises
Last name may have helped Stefan Holt, whose father is NBC News' Lester Holt, through the door at WMAQ, but competence will decide how long he lasts.
TECH MEDIA STUFF
- 7 YouTube Alternatives & Why They Make Sense
- Why Connected TV Is Poised To Revolutionize Entertainment
- For Journalists, a Call to Rethink Their Online Model
- Once The Belle, Disney Disappoints; Interactive Losses Grew
- Drudge Report Still a Significant Traffic Driver to News Sites
- NPR wants access to the Bin Laden death photos
- Meredith Vieira announces she’s leaving ‘Today;’ Curry, Morales, Guthrie upped
- Lara Spencer returns to ‘Good Morning America’
- Walt Disney: In ESPN we trust
- Tribune Co. Names Eddy Hartenstein CEO
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KHOU 11's new promos feature anchor Greg Hurst and breaking news
- Fox 26 KRIV's ‘Is Glee too gay?’ goes coast to coast
- Power 100.7 to hit Houston radio with rhythmic Christian radio
- New KTRK 13 reporter Demond Fernandez drove in from San Antonio's WOAI
- Texas Iconoclast tackles Texas politics, media and culture from the center-right
- UT sports gets new radio home at ESPN 97.5 KFNC
- KIAH 39 graphics whiz Bryan Drake leaves for Fox 13 KSTU Salt Lake City