KTRK 13's Wendy Granato to report on royal wedding
While millions of people around the world watch the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on television Friday, New Iberia native Wendy Oubre Granato will help make that happen for viewers in the Houston area as director of special projects for KTRK Channel 13.
- Dominique Chooses Hat For Royal Wedding
Anchor Ron Corning, Heading for WFAA in Dallas, ‘Enjoyed’ Stint at News 12 Long Island
Nassau and Suffolk County residents have been able to stay in touch with the career of Ron Corning. The anchorman–infamously ousted from Fox 5/WNYW’s Good Day New York while on vacation in April 2008—turned up at News 12 Long Island in November 2009. Now he's going to WFAA 8 Dallas-Fort Worth.
Sports department of one shrinking to none at CW33 with departure of Dave Crome
Veteran CW33 KDAF sports anchor-reporter Dave Crome, who joined the Dallas-based station in 1999, will be signing off this week.
WFAA8 anchor Gloria Campos hopes to be back early next week after back surgery
It's been a rough several months for longtime WFAA8 anchor Gloria Campos, who had back surgery on Good Friday and earlier broke a kneecap in December after a fall outside the Dallas-based station's Young Street offices.
Belo executive slain outside daughter's Arlington school
Steve McIntosh, an executive with Belo Corp., WFAA's parent company, was shot in front of his three-year-old daughter Friday evening shortly after he had picked her up at Arlington Country Day School Montessori.
Houston grandmother is nation's first 'Super Wi-Fi' user
When the Federal Communications Commission worked out the rules last fall to convert unused TV channels for a new long-range, wall-piercing version of Wi-Fi, Houston resident Leticia Aguirre had no way of knowing that she'd host the nation's first residential "Super Wi-Fi" hot spot. (Thanks GRIDLOCKJOE)
Former TV anchor finds a new calling
Ken Hoffman tracks down former KHOU 11 anchor Chau Nguyen.
KTRU’s last day will be Thursday
KTRU will no longer be broadcast from 91.7 starting at 6 a.m. on April 28.
- No staff changes expected at KUHF as Houston radio merger set for May moves closer
- 91.7 KTRU signal now in UH control says FCC
Cumulus KC market chief moving to Houston
Donna Baker, who has run the Kansas City market for Cumulus Media since 2007, scored a nice promotion to market manager in Houston. She'll oversee legacy station KRBE-FM as well as sports talker KFNC.
Fox4 reporter Sophia Reza leaving
Reporter Sophia Reza, who has spent close to three years at Dallas-based Fox4 KDFW, is resigning from the station.
- Fox4 meteorogist Ron Jackson loses Cedar Hill home and pets to Good Friday fire of still unknown origin
- Couric Is Expected to Say She’s Leaving CBS
- Piers Morgan Ratings Hit All-Time
- ABC soap cancellation fallout
- YouTube's Local News Plans
- The Comic Stylings of Brian Williams
- Charlie Sheen launches "Masheen" mobile app
- In-car streaming numbers, perceptions, misperceptions examined
- May 4 is moving day at Sirius XM: some channels move, some are combined
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Former KPRC 2 meteorologist Byron Miranda talks new KNBC gig
- What was the appeal of Marvin Zindler of KTRK 13 Eyewitness News?
- What KTRK 13 staffers learned from Eyewitness News Action 13's Marvin Zindler
- Could there be another KTRK 13 Eyewitness News Marvin Zindler on TV news?
- SXSW getting too big for Austin? Move it to Houston!
- KHOU 11 honored with 3rd straight ‘Overall Excellence’ Murrow Award and more