Friday, February 11, 2011

Chris Baker heading to 700 KSEV afternoons

Radio talk show host Chris Baker is coming back to Houston radio this Monday he revealed to the mikemcguff.com blog. This time he will be on 700 AM KSEV in the afternoon.

Baker is a man of his word, a rarity sometimes in the broadcasting biz, because he told me he would tell me first about his new show. Thank you Chris.

Baker started out in Houston around a decade ago on 950 KPRC. He then went on to also work at 740 KTRH. After leaving the Houston market in 2007, Baker returned to 950 KPRC in 2009. At the time, he was broadcasting from Minneapolis where he had a morning show on KTLK-FM. Baker left KPRC last November and KTLK in early February.

I did not get into this with Baker, but I assume he is moving back to Houston for the new gig.

In April 2010, KSEV picked up another big name Houston radio talent when Sam Malone joined the station as the morning show host.

SEE ALL OF MY CHRIS BAKER POSTS

19 comments:

  1. what time slot do we know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oWho cares?

    Plus, why do you spend so much of your time writing about him?

    Urgh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly lots care. My top posts this week have all been Chris Baker related ones. I'll keep writing about a subject if people keep reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I f'ing knew it! Ass soon as I heard Dan Patrick say something about a new perm co-host. He's probably coming on with Dan Patrick. Yesterday, the 10th, Dan called in and said it would be Dan Patrick and blank. It was supposed to be a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KSEV will have hundreds of new listeners from Minnesota for sure. Radio is not the same without Chris. So, Hello Houston from your Minneapolis listeners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss Chris in Minneapolis he was entertaining.....Good luck Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never liked Chris when he was previously on Houston radip. I'll be listening to Michael Berry instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris,

    Get streamed. We miss you in MinnaSnowDuh already !!

    Joe G

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Chris Baker circa 2000-2006, before Cheap Channel screwed up the mix. I miss reverse trivia and Larry the Cable Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. welcome back...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO excited! Is it the 4-6pm hours for his show? (Or co-host show)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Surprised me when he left. Good Luck Chris. Will try to get you on internet radio. Got kin in TX. Nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear he is bringing the syncronized lanscaping team back with him, yahoooo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will miss Chris' sense of humor. He seemed like "joe sixpak" to me. A real ham & egg'er like me. I will especially miss his even-handedness of most topics and I fear I shall never hear the words Lady Slipper again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Miss Chris in MN happy to see I will be able to catch him online!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Miss you already, Chris. Hope there will be a way to listen to you everyday. You were the best KTLK had to offer.Not good for us, good for Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Baker once owned the air waves 7 years ago at KTRH...now he's in a radio waste land.

    ReplyDelete