Sunday, May 16, 2010

Heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio dies

Best of Ronnie James Dio (Play It Like It Is)Heavy metal rocker Ronnie James Dio lost his battle with cancer today. You might remember how I posted a story here about him battling the disease at Houston's MD Anderson.

- Legendary Heavy Metal Vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO Dies
- Metal icon Ronnie James Dio dead at 67
- Ronnie James Dio, Rock Singer, Dies at 67
- Message from Wendy Dio

(Thanks Tina)


  1. I had no idea he was ill, or in Houston seeking treatment until I read about it here. Very sad day for the music world. He was a great talent and will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

  2. Yeah, I saw your post a while back. I knew he was still getting treatment from the updates on his site. But I didn't know he had taken a turn for the worse until I saw the news late tonight. He was a one of a kind singer. I was privileged to see him perform 5 times over the past 8 years. Always a great show. He will be missed. I think I will have to listen to all my Dio music this week. RIP RJD.

  3. Great tribute to Dio on Eddie Trunk's SiriusXM show and lots of his videos on VH1 Classic.