support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, July 10, 2009

New Smashburgers coming to Houston

My sources at Channel 13 KTRK say that a new Smashburger location is opening on Buffalo Speedway (I guess I left too soon). That is not the only new Smashburger restaurant opening in Houston. Five other locations are coming soon too.

I went to the SmashBurger on Main when it first opened in 2009. It was OK. I thought it was a good burger, but too pricey for what you got. In fact I equate it to a really good backyard party burger. So it is fresh but not 'knock your socks off' good. The fries have different seasoning if you are into that.

Channel 13 is the luckiest Houston television station when it comes to food. Its West U location puts it in the middle of strip centers full of restaurants. Employees don't even have to drive anywhere to eat. It's all right there. Beyond that, they don't have to leave the property. There is a cafe right inside.

RELATED
- Is Houston's new Smash Burger good?

(Image courtesy of cortneymartin82) CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here